Assigned Guarantee cabin

Csardas

Hi.

We booked a guarantee for a June 2019 cruise (no choice: only option offered) and were allocated a cabin two days later. Never having booked one before, I wondered if that will remain our cabin or if Celebrity may change it, given it's a long time until the cruise?

TIA,

Csardas

We also booked a European cruise in June 2019 which was and still is guarantee only for veranda/concierge cabins. Celebrity apparently holds all of those cabins...hoping, I guess, for families with more than 2 in each cabin....or multiple cabin bookings.

After two months of waiting...and knowing that there were cabins unassigned, I was really annoyed by this "policy" until I figured out how to get a cabin assigned. If Celebrity wants to play games with cabin assignments, I figure it's fine for me to also play the game.

Consider yourself lucky to have had a cabin assigned so quickly. I'm curious if you booked more than 2 people in the cabin or booked more than one cabin....

I'm not familiar with the cruise line changing a guarantee category assignment once made, however (at least with US originated bookings) if there are other staterooms available in your assigned category and you have a preferred location, you can request a change to a different stateroom if desired. It has to be made through whomever the original booking was made. We've done that as recently as this past August.

We also booked a European cruise in June 2019 which was and still is guarantee only for veranda/concierge cabins. Celebrity apparently holds all of those cabins...hoping, I guess, for families with more than 2 in each cabin....or multiple cabin bookings.

After two months of waiting...and knowing that there were cabins unassigned, I was really annoyed by this "policy" until I figured out how to get a cabin assigned. If Celebrity wants to play games with cabin assignments, I figure it's fine for me to also play the game.

Consider yourself lucky to have had a cabin assigned so quickly. I'm curious if you booked more than 2 people in the cabin or booked more than one cabin....

Relative at least to US based originated bookings any given itinerary, they do not hold all staterooms in a given category, and not for the reasons you indicate. Typically a guarantee is offered to accelerate bookings in any given category where bookings are off pace relative to the selling cycle of a given itinerary, and is offered as a lower rate than standard to do so.

They also typically will offer both a guarantee option or a standard booking option at the same time within a category, and at your choice. When they don't it may be that there are only a limited number of stateroom remaining unsold in that category and they are trying to stimulate final sales. The guarantee offering may also be for a limited time frame and then can be removed. Assignments can be made anytime from the booking date to the sailing date, and as referenced in my previous post, can have flexibility for stateroom location change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked a guarantee cabin 2 months ago, I travel 3 weeks today and I am still awaiting a cabin assignment, the cruise is sold out so how do they not know what cabin I am in, the op was really lucky to be allocated a cabin so fast xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In our experience, we've usually had our staterooms assigned 2-3 weeks prior to sailing, so your situation is not uncommon. This is part of the GTY program whereby they will assign staterooms, often on a rolling basis, up to day of sailing. They clearly know how many they have sold, but the timing on releasing assignments is just part of the process.

Hi.

Just one cabin, for just two although it does sleep 3. We were told that there were very few cabins in each category as it’s a very popular itinerary. Who knows the reality/logic in it all?

Well all I can say is that my information as presented in my prior posts is based on what I've been told by our TA and our experience with a number of GTY staterooms in both standard and suite categories with both RCI and Celebrity over the years.

And just be aware that simply because a stateroom is configured to hold up to 3 passengers does not mean that it will be assigned to a booking for 3. The point being that many double occupancy assignments can be made in staterooms that are configured to hold more than 2. It may, however, influence the timing of the assignment if the cruise line has bookings with parties of more than 2 and is balancing their mix with available staterooms for that booking.

That's your cabin, if you don't like where it's allocated you can change to another one in the same category. Monitor cabin rates for price drops maybe you can get a upgrade, or a drop in your rate. Other option is near final payment date, TA's unlocks the cabins they can't sale so there will be options for upgrades paying the difference in price.

We gambled and took a guaranteed cabin a year ago that became the second leg of a B2B because the promo was so good . Since the cabin from the first cruise wasn’t available and the cruise was a after thought we why not see what happens. We were assigned a cabin 2 days after the booking. They were plenty of cabins still available and that was the reason for the low price and promo.

I called my TA and asked if it was normal for them to be assigned so fast. He said it happens frequently. Also asked about changing cabins and he said from his experience if I change to an available one in the same category like they allow that will be my cabin and X won’t give me my thing better, If I left it there my be a chance of a upgrade. With all of the cabins available I move to better location.

With the new move up program I doubt you will get anything better than what you are now assigned

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

So, how did you get a cabin assigned?

I also booked a guaranteed room, because of a great savings and was allocated our room within 2 days and our cruise is only olin April 2019....talking to my TA the chance of an upgrade is rather slim so we are just gonna go with what we were assigned...we really dont spend alot of time in our room except to sleep and get ready... So be it!!! Just happy to be going on our first cruise!!!

I also booked a guaranteed room, because of a great savings and was allocated our room within 2 days and our cruise is only olin April 2019....talking to my TA the chance of an upgrade is rather slim so we are just gonna go with what we were assigned...we really dont spend alot of time in our room except to sleep and get ready... So be it!!! Just happy to be going on our first cruise!!! ��

They typically won't "give" you an upgrade once a stateroom is assigned. But if you want to change location within an assigned category if staterooms are still available you can request a change. If they are available in a higher category you can request a change to that as well and pay the difference. That also can be the case post final payment. We have done that as well.