Waiting for credit from RC

cwms

ok, we went on a hurricane shortened New England - Canada cruise on Grandeur. Instead of 9 nights, we only got 5. To encourage passengers not to cancel, we were told we would get 50% of our cruise fare credited to our onboard credit account and 50% credit to be applied to a future cruise. Whatever we didn't spend in our onboard account, we would get credited back to our credit card on file.

We got back on the 22nd. How long should we wait for these credits to show up?

I was on the Grandeur which was rerouted to the Bahamas before your cruise (5 nights turned into 9 nights). We returned home the evening of the 16th and could opt to disembark the next day. Received my FCC on 9-28. Applied it to an already booked cruise (which had a balance due) in March, 2019.

ok, we went on a hurricane shortened New England - Canada cruise on Grandeur. Instead of 9 nights, we only got 5. To encourage passengers not to cancel, we were told we would get 50% of our cruise fare credited to our onboard credit account and 50% credit to be applied to a future cruise. Whatever we didn't spend in our onboard account, we would get credited back to our credit card on file.

We got back on the 22nd. How long should we wait for these credits to show up?

I think that you are talking about two different things.

1. The amount that they placed on your SeaPass account as OBC.

2. The amount to be put into an FCC.

Yes?

You should get the FCC by mid-October at the latest, I would think, but if you want to call and inquire, try 1-800-526-9723.

Any unspent OBC should have been refunded on the day you left the ship.

I was on the shortened Grandeur sailing and just got off the phone with RCI. I had been emailing and tried calling the number and extension of the woman who was handling my emails and when I put her extension in, it would hang up. I called and spoke to someone else and she told me the ship had to release the credit and it should have been done within a week. She said she would look into it and hopefully she can get it resolved within 5-7 business days. She told me they are working on the future cruise credit certificates and they should be mailed out soon. She also told me that if you are looking to book a cruise before you get the certificate and book with a travel agent you can reference your booking number and the money will come off.