New Wine List Rolling out on the Golden

IECalCruiser

Due to years of drought and the fires in Nor Cal. wine prices have gone up drastically.  My preferred California region is Alexander Valley and Dry creek .  The average increase has been $12.50 case.

39 minutes ago, c-boy said:

Due to years of drought and the fires in Nor Cal. wine prices have gone up drastically.  My preferred California region is Alexander Valley and Dry creek .  The average increase has been $12.50 case.

Yes and all the old vine Zin's that I love so much - the fire in Paradise has made the bay area covered in smoke.  I can barely see anything out of my window here at work

Thank you all so much for the information in this thread. I spent some time comparing in-store (online) pricing and onboard pricing, and for some wines the upcharge was 3x store, and for others less than 10% (I actually found one wine that is less expensive on the ship than online 😮 )

I think Hubby and I will bring our one bottle each limit, and then I will check to see if our 10-day
cruise will offer a gold package.  Again, the information here was much appreciated! 

Edited by xamsx

1 hour ago, xamsx said:

Thank you all so much for the information in this thread. I spent some time comparing in-store (online) pricing and onboard pricing, and for some wines the upcharge was 3x store, and for others less than 10% (I actually found one wine that is less expensive on the ship than online 😮 )

I think Hubby and I will bring our one bottle each limit, and then I will check to see if our 10-day
cruise will offer a gold package.  Again, the information here was much appreciated! 

That is consistent with my findings.  There is a very stiff g-factor for the lower priced wines.  The Princess pricing on the higher end wines (Petrus notwithstanding) is very reasonable.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

That is consistent with my findings.  There is a very stiff g-factor for the lower priced wines.  The Princess pricing on the higher end wines (Petrus notwithstanding) is very reasonable.

Not even the higher end wines - there were a number of wines in the $75-$100 range that were not much more expensive on Princess than in the store. However, the under $50 wines? Those were definitely marked -up exponentially.

Now to try a few before we board to see what we might like. I am always willing to do cruise research. :classic_wink: