Magic vs Horizon vs Adventure of the seas for Aruba.

jedi bobs

Looking to go to Aruba. I have never been on Royal, and I have only cruised on Carnival. Here is what I have

Carnival Magic $709 inside Half Moon, Grand Turk, Curoco, and Aruba

Carnival Horizon: $749 inside Grand Turk, La Romania, Curroco, and Aruba

Adventure of the Sea: $649 inside Aruba, Boniare, Curoco,

Aruba, Boniare, Curoco, and La Romania are all new ports Thanks for your imputs

Based solely on the ports, I would select Carnival Magic. Half Moon Cay gets high marks as a private island / beach destination and provides a "free" beach day. La Romana will likely require a shore excursion if you want to do anything off the ship.

Carnival Horizon has all of the latest bells and whistles when it comes to a Carnival ship, and if you can afford to spring for a Havana cabin, either inside or cabana type, I have heard that they are well worth the additional cost for the private pool and deck space. I have been checking daily for opportunities to upgrade my November sailing to a Havana cabin of any type, but so far have had no luck.

Adventure of the Seas, while about the same size as the Carnival ships, is much older, and is more dated in appearance. Having sailed on an upsized version of this class, I was disappointed in both the entertainment offerings and the long wait times for the distinguishing features that attracted me to try Royal Caribbean. The flow rider had a 45 minute wait, and we gave up on ice skating after nearly an hour. The ship also lacked a comedy club (perhaps one of Carnival's best entertainment offerings), and most of the live music and lounge entertainment didn't start until late in the evening, leaving very few options for pre-dinner entertainment for those with late seating (8:30) dining.

If ports are the driving factor, Adventure of the Seas with a trip to the ABC islands would win in my book. Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are great islands.

As these are all itineraries with several sea days, and ship conditions matter most, I'd go for the Magic. Adventure of the Seas is aging a bit. Newer RCL ships are better. The Horizon, which we're going on in January on the same itinerary, does have new ship issues, which may be worked out by the time we and you are on board. But we like the Dream and Magic as ships with things to do and they larger but not overly so.

Very difficult call. If the ship is your deciding factor, then the Horizon wins since it's the newest and the Havana area is phenomenal. The Adventure is dated, but it goes to Bonaire, which Carnival does not cruise to. HMC trumps La Romana by a mile, so that would give the Magic an edge. They embark from either Miami or FLL, so that should not be a determining factor and I am assuming that they are all 8 day cruises.

You need to figure out which is more important, the ports or the ship. Best of luck with your decision.

Very difficult call. If the ship is your deciding factor, then the Horizon wins since it's the newest and the Havana area is phenomenal. The Adventure is dated, but it goes to Bonaire, which Carnival does not cruise to. HMC trumps La Romana by a mile, so that would give the Magic an edge. They embark from either Miami or FLL, so that should not be a determining factor and I am assuming that they are all 8 day cruises.

You need to figure out which is more important, the ports or the ship. Best of luck with your decision.

Based on the price listed, I don't think the OP has a Havana cabin. Just because a ship is new, doesn't make it the best. I have and will continue to sail on Dream class ships over Vista class ships in almost every situation.

Based on the price listed, I don't think the OP has a Havana cabin. Just because a ship is new, doesn't make it the best. I have and will continue to sail on Dream class ships over Vista class ships in almost every situation.
The Havana area on the Horizon trumps even the best of Dream class, the Breeze, IMHO. The upper level of the liquid lounge was the only bad thing I found on my recent Horizon cruise, but since we were only in that venue three times, it would not dominate all of the other positives that the ship offers.

I think I'm going to post this over in the Royal boards too, thanks for the sujetions guys.

In the end jedi bobs, the decision is yours and while posters suggestions can be helpful, make that decision on what you know and want, not what pleases the rest of us.

The "force" is within you!:D

We are actually looking into these same ships for January 2020.

Some things to think about:

I love Half Moon Cay and so does my husband. It is beautiful. I want to go back. But it is too "cold" for my husband there in January. It was too cold for him there in March. Ha ha. Not sure what month you are looking to go.

Both Carnival ships have a late arrival in Curacao. Like 1:00. I am not thrilled with that since we want to go to beaches, not experience night life.

We have a lot of our family joining us so we had other factors involved. Mainly kids. We are leaning towards the Horizon. The ropes course and sky coaster and water slides appeal to older kids. And the ones with very little kiddos, they would be old enough to go to kids club on carnival if not potty trained. That made my SIL happy.

Aruba Curacao and La Romana would be new ports for us. So that pleased me. And Grand Turk was a nice easy stop for those with little kids. No need for cab or anything.