Guarantee suite—when only guaranteed is available

PRH

We upgraded to a suite guarantee a month ago at final payment. No cabin assignment yet but all categories of suites are now also guarantee. What happens? There are plenty of aqua cabins open. Do you/are you ever downgraded?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We upgraded to a suite guarantee a month ago at final payment. No cabin assignment yet but all categories of suites are now also guarantee. What happens? There are plenty of aqua cabins open. Do you/are you ever downgraded?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You definitely won't be downgraded. At the very least you should receive an S2 or higher. Good luck :)

PRH,

You should not worry about losing your room> my wife and I did a guaranteed suite in May. You may have to wait awhile your your room number. They assigned ours six days before sailing, but your will get a suite. Enjoy!

After cruising with my mother & sister in AQ, I booked a suite guaranty for my husband and I in hopes of hooking him on cruising. I'm not sure if we ended up with a S1 or S2 but it made no difference to us. Our cabin was assigned shortly after booking although we weren't informed. I found out only after calling on an unrelated matter. I would check periodically just out of curiosity if I were you. (The Suite Gty worked-he loves to cruise as much as I do!)

Probably Celebrity is hoping (or expecting) that some suite passengers will do a paying upgrade. If none, you get the upgrade for free (because of "guarantee"), on the worst case, one person upgrades (and celebrity will receive more money), and you get his old suite.

So because Celebrity could make more money, they will not get you your stateroom number, but this it the rule of the game (for "guarantee"), so do not worry.

We did this a few years ago when we had a Sky Suite booked on the Eclipse and a CS guarantee came up at not much more than the Sky Suite. There were no CS or RS available only a PH so it seemed a good bet. Our cabin was not assigned until the week before - we were actually on the Reflection the week before and guess what --- we got a Celebrity Suite.

But you can't count on it. Generally they try to get someone in a lower suite to upgrade to the upper suite and you get the lower suite. Has happened to me multiple times although this is what you are signing up for. If I book a "W" I'm happy with any suite they assign me. Don't let "only upper level suites are available" fool you.

Don't worry you will get a suite. Pretty sure it won't be the Penthouse but it has happened before. Just keep checking online to see when your room is assigned. It could be any day between now and a few days out from the sailing.

I concur with everyone else that you will get a suite.

I would guess with the recent creation of the Move Up Bidding process that the higher level suites will be “sold” at some point. But if no one bids, then you would get the higher level suite.

Good luck and enjoy your suite.