Printing Bag tags

momto2js

I downloaded documents and baggage tags today. The bag tags look just like ones I have gotten in the past and would work totally fine if we were traveling with Ken and Barbie sized luggage. Has anyone else had miniature bag tags print recently?

You can always get tags from the porters at the pier. I can't figure out why people let NCL nickle and dime them over bag tags. It costs you money to print them, why not use the free ones available from the porters?

I downloaded documents and baggage tags today. The bag tags look just like ones I have gotten in the past and would work totally fine if we were traveling with Ken and Barbie sized luggage. Has anyone else had miniature bag tags print recently?

Check your printer settings, in paper layout you want to set it to landscape as opposed to portrait.

You can always get tags from the porters at the pier. I can't figure out why people let NCL nickle and dime them over bag tags. It costs you money to print them, why not use the free ones available from the porters?

As a first time cruiser, certainly seems easier to get from the porter. Why doesn't everyone do it? I think I have to buy luggage holders from Amazon.

When can you print your luggage tag?

I print them and put them in our "binder" with all our other plans. Before we leave the pre cruise hotel I put them on the 7 bags between the 4 of us (yes it is a lot but 3 sets of snorkel gear and one set of scuba gear take up a lot of space) I put them on. No one wants a porter trying to fill out and attach all those bag tags while others are waiting.

I did find the offending printer setting. Thank you all for your input.

As a first time cruiser, certainly seems easier to get from the porter. Why doesn't everyone do it? I think I have to buy luggage holders from Amazon.

When can you print your luggage tag?

You do not need to buy specialized tag holders for the baggage tags. Looping the paper tags around the handle works just fine. Don't put them on before your flight...just put them on the morning you go to the port. You can loop them around the handles and tape them, or borrow a stapler from the hotel front desk if you're staying at a hotel.

You do not need to buy specialized tag holders for the baggage tags.

If you cruise a lot, you will eventually save money on staples and/or tape :')

I bought tag holders because they're cool and are a bit more reliable than stapling or taping (we drive to ports in Florida.)

If you cruise a lot, you will eventually save money on staples and/or tape :')

I bought tag holders because they're cool and are a bit more reliable than stapling or taping (we drive to ports in Florida.)

Do you know which ones on Amazon are the right size for NCL?

I dont want everyone laughing at me because I'm the only one without luggage holders on my bag. :')

I don’t worry about a little ink cost. I’ve heard of the porters writing the wrong cabin number, and or not writting legible and luggage being not delivered. If I can afford to cruise, I can afford a little black and white ink.

Here's a reason NOT to have the porters do it: Handwriting, cabin number error doing thing fast, No color coding for fast delivery to the correct deck/section of ship. I always slip a second copy inside the bag in case the outside tag gets separated and they don't know where it goes.