MIA 10am flight?

Do you know when they begin in Miami?

Symphony arrives in November and Allure was originally supposed to be around the same time. (for some reason I keep thinking I heard that changed) But if you watch Symphony reviews, that will give you some idea. Have you made your flight reservations yet? Bob's reply nailed it in my opinion, I would start watching reviews from people after the holidays. From my very limited experience, Royal's first few cruises from a new terminal can be chaotic. but tend to be solid after a month or so. Also find out what other ships are in port the same day you arrive/leave.

Symphony arrives in November and Allure was originally supposed to be around the same time. Have you made your flight reservations yet? Bob's reply nailed it in my opinion, I would start watching reviews from people after the holidays. From my very limited experience, Royal's first few cruises from a new terminal can be chaotic. but tend to be solid after a month or so. Also find out what other ships are in port the same day you arrive/leave.

We leave on Feb 17th. I have been watching air fares and of coarse the flight that is significantly lower is a 10:05am return flight. Otherwise I can use miles but is will be 50,000 each from Chicago to Miami. There is the boat show in Miami and I think an Art show also. So I was concerned about waiting too long to book air. Still open to suggestions. Thanks

Regarding when Allure arrives in Miami, Bill is correct that it must be sometime in November. We are on the 12/2 Allure sailing and it is out of Miami. That should give Royal plenty of time to smooth out their embarkation/debarkation process. In my experience, with self-carry, you'd have plenty of time to make a 10am flight. But if you are the type who will stress over something going wrong the entire week, it might be worth it to try for something later.

This might be a good time to clarify if what I am seeing on Royal's site is correct (I assume it is) When I first booked Symphony, Allure was going to join her. Oasis, was and still is, in Port Canaveral with Harmony and Allure in Port Everglades. Sometime in future Harmony is going to Port Canaveral and it looks like Allure is staying in Port Canaveral with Oasis heading to Miami next year? Did I get that right. My perception of this thread, and I think Bob's was that Allure was heading to MIA. Somebody surely can get a flight from MIA out of Port Everglades.

I will be on the Allure in Feb of 2019. Do you think it will be possible to make a 10:05am flight by doing walk off? or is this cutting it too close?

Thanks

Does your cruise shop in Honduras? Customs tends to be slow after they stop there. In Fort Lauderdale they are treating Honduras as an open loop sailing. I have no idea if it will be like this in MIA.

We do a 10:45 am flight from MIA....we usually have about 1 hour to kill after going thru security. We do not do "self-carry", but we do get in one of the 1st groups off the ship.

That said, you never know if something will delay your disembarkment.

We leave on Feb 17th. I have been watching air fares and of coarse the flight that is significantly lower is a 10:05am return flight. Otherwise I can use miles but is will be 50,000 each from Chicago to Miami. There is the boat show in Miami and I think an Art show also. So I was concerned about waiting too long to book air. Still open to suggestions. Thanks

Just a quick piece of advice. If you're flying from Chicago you might wanna look into flying to/from FLL rather than than MIA. PHL --> MIA was ~20,000 points one way on American, Southwest had the same flight to FLL for ~7,500....same deal with the return. That's all assuming your points aren't tied to one airline...Southwest should have some pretty good deals since Chicago/FLL are two hubs.

I will be on the Allure in Feb of 2019. Do you think it will be possible to make a 10:05am flight by doing walk off? or is this cutting it too close?

Thanks

For a 10:05 flight you need to be at MIA by about 8:30 - and with TSA line chaos getting there by 8:00 is even better. Cab ride from POM to MIA will take about 15-20+ minutes (weekday? weekend? :confused:), which translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration by about 7:30 or so.

Can you make it - maybe, but you have no flexibility in your schedule for any type of delay. Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: I would book a flight leaving closer to noon or later, but it is your call. Good luck! :)