New and Improved CC

BirdTravels

19 minutes ago, dolita22 said:

I work in the software world, and CC made lots and lots of changes in just under a week. That's a big undertaking -- and they may not have had any time/probably didn't test those changes with users to check out what their experience will be before releasing to the masses. There are definite bugs and kinks to be worked out, and I'm sure they'll get feedback from many of us.

Sorry but thats a BS excuse, I'm in Graphics and IT. They could have been working on this months ago before going live. A website - Forum being down for a week is unheard of. But its a free site, probably run by 2-3 people

"Improved" is up for negotiation...

I'm already getting email spam from the new forums.  In the last 10 minutes, I've got a dozen emails notifications...  I certainly hope this isn't going to keep up for every single post I've ever commented on.

22 minutes ago, cfr70 said:

Also some people's signatures can be so dang long that it needlessly expands the posts and lengthens pages which makes scrolling down more tedious. I liked when you needed to expand signatures if you wanted to see them in full. 

I did find where you can go in to settings and "turn off" signatures by default.  I agree, showing the full signature is crazy ridiculous when some people have such long signatures with all 134,598 cruises they've ever taken listed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I did find where you can go in to settings and "turn off" signatures by default.  I agree, showing the full signature is crazy ridiculous when some people have such long signatures with all 134,598 cruises they've ever taken listed.

When you go in and edit your signature, it now only allows 6 lines max.  It won't let you save your signature until you trim it down to 6 lines or less.

29 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

Thanks for this. I just found it and turned them off. No more signatures! Now if they only gave the posts more contrast over the hard white background and darker fonts i'll be happy with things. I do like the heart/like button and reply notifications that appear at the bottom of the screen (which can also be turned off if you don't want them.). Just please shade that white background!!

I also got dozens of email updates. You have to turn them off by visiting Account Settings >> Notifications. Make sure to scroll down to the sliders for each type of notification because those are Independent of the settings on the top half of the page.

Account Settings is under your username at the top right.

1 hour ago, Katie H said:

Is there a post number on each post?  I don't see it.  Sometimes you want to tell someone something like "that info is in  post 154".  Now, I wouldn't know how to refer someone to a previous post.

Hover over the "Posted: <time or date>" at the upper left of the message and you'll see it links to the specific numbered post. 

1 hour ago, fshagan said:

I also got dozens of email updates. You have to turn them off by visiting Account Settings >> Notifications. Make sure to scroll down to the sliders for each type of notification because those are Independent of the settings on the top half of the page.

Account Settings is under your username at the top right.

I have turned them off and I'm still getting them.  I'm also getting notifications in notification center on my MacBook too...  UGH.  This is not going well.

1 minute ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

Is that in reply to my "reminders" post? LOL If someone snoozed me after only 160 posts, I'm doing ok. 😉

I’ll be honest... I immediately went to see if I had any warnings.  How can I not?!?

Hey, with the new forum... are once-banned members allowed back in?  

7 minutes ago, NurseJEB said:

They (CC staff) should do something to trim all the legacy signatures!   Best thing to do is just purge all existing signatures and have members create new ones that are compliant with the new parameters.

That really isn't fair to everyone unless you give them ample warning to backup/save their cruise history information.  Some people just keep that in their signatures.  It would have made more sense to turn signature display OFF by default and then let individuals turn it on if they wanted.

I hate it.  It's simply too hard to read and the phone isn't any better.  I tried to turn off signatures and when I try to save it it says my signature doesn't conform to the guidelines.  It's the exact same signature I had before. I turned off every popup and notification--not sure why anyone would want that.  Blech.

Edited by Beachiekeen

4 minutes ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

Can someone please tell me what this reminder thing is? :classic_blush: Did I get in trouble and not even know it? 

Yeah. 

It happened to me, too.

A few months ago, I posted a gif from a really cheesey 70's movie "Karateci Kız" (Karate Girl). I compared watching it to reading a DSC thread.

...someone was offended, I guess...:classic_unsure:

I didn't even know that I had done something to earn a "naughty" point...whatever that means.