New and Improved CC

BirdTravels

24 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

Interesting that I can get in on my PC but can't get in at all on my iPhone.  My password doesn't work there at all on Tapatalk, and on the Cruise Critic app all I get is a blank screen. I'll keep checking in every so often though.

That might be an configuration issue with the software. I run the same software on a forum and had to do some tweaking to get iOS devices to be able to use the forums. It does display well on Android phones. 

It doesn't look like they have enabled Tapatalk so they are counting on the mobile access for mobile users, I think. It's actually not a bad experience on mobile / Android.

I like the ease of directly adding a picture and not that rigamarole of going through another site but navigation is harder for me. I also just had to log in twice so hopefully that stops. Pages aren't loading as fast for me. Hopefully it gets smoother

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mistizoom said:

I can't login on Tapatalk. There is too much scrolling and extraneous stuff to use this forum in a mobile browser, so I'll access only when I am on the computer if I can't login to Tapatalk. That will be rare since I don't often use my home computer since I am on a computer all day at work.

I think Tapatalk is no longer gonna work!😥 Just load CC through the browser and it works ok🤔

20 hours ago, Whitetrike said:

New site says the Roll Call for Regal Princess on 11/11 is still under construction??

same with the dawn and I think most of the sites: So far I just wish they would finish the upgrades, if they are going to really be upgrades. I am trying to be patient like most of us. 

The Cruise Critic App is retired - the new system does not have an app.  You must use a browser and the site is designed to format for a better mobile device experience.

Tapatalk is TBD... it does not work at this time, we know there is a plug in that would make it work, we don't know if that will happen.  But it does not work for now.

21 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

Can anyone tell if the default fonts were improved or am I just getting used to it?  I don't find it as hard to read as of late yesterday.

Yes, the font is definitely clearer and thicker than yesterday's waif light gray. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Is there a way to turn off the alerts?  I don't mind it when I am on the CC site but my computer makes a noise every time someone responds to the same post that I did.  I find that annoying when I am on another site and not on cruise critic.

Yes, click your username at the very top right of the page, then select "Account Settings". On the page that then loads, select "Notification Settings" in the right column. Make sure you turn off every setting you want off, and don't rely on just the settings I show in this image. There are a number of settings to toggle off for email notifications, etc.

For browser notifications, see this article: https://www.wikihow.com/Turn-Off-Notifications-on-PC-or-Mac  When CC then asks if they can send you notifications the next time you visit the app, say "no". 

notificationsettings.png

5 hours ago, Medtech2 said:

I like the ease of directly adding a picture and not that rigamarole of going through another site but navigation is harder for me. I also just had to log in twice so hopefully that stops. Pages aren't loading as fast for me. Hopefully it gets smoother

I just wish they could maintain the pictures in the previous posts/threads.  I spent a bunch of time on my trip report and now all of those pictures are gone.

15 hours ago, luc122 said:

this is strange to me-

I tried to search for something, and as soon as i clicked the search box, it pulled up

previous searches that I have made on Redd*** (not sure if im allowed to post the name)

I do not like that at all!  How would CC know what I searched on other pages?

Is this normal?  

It's your browser that is remembering what you typed into a similar box on a different site.  It's similar to how your browser remembers things like address and phone number fields across web sites.

30 minutes ago, NurseJEB said:

All of that DOES NOT turn off the pop up notification that someone else has replied while you are in the middle of posting to a thread.  I still cannot get that immensely annoying 'feature' turned off.

Scroll down below the Save button.

Folks on our Roll Call are talking about this, sharing some of the comments:

Getting used to this new CC forum site as their IT seemed to continue to tweak it.  On the profile picture - had to re-upload mine (160 x 107 dpi).  Resize & shrink it to no bigger than 175 x 150 dpi, use one of the photo editing app or software to do this, or Paint using Windows 10. 

If you make changes & save it, and you have a longer signature with URLs linked, like mine, it will failed or warn of it. Cancelled & going to wait till I get a chance to move my prior review links packed with (broken/crippled) photos uploaded to a different server, then create a URL link to that page ... more work ahead. 

It is mobile-friendly, vertical or portrait mode optimized but - I can't possibly see scrolling around easily to touch, point & click with my bigger fingers (I don't run around with a stylus, unlike the PDA days)  The "preview" option now is for phone or tablet mode -  although it's mostly WYSIWYG. Tapatalk is definitely not working, cannot even log in ... 

Requirements for the Signature - 

•  Maximum of 1 image
  •  Images up to 150 x 175 pixels
  •  Maximum of 3 URLs
  •  Maximum of 6 lines

20 minutes ago, Gershep said:

I don't like that I have to sign in every time I switch from my laptop to my tablet and vice a versa, never had to do that before.

Have you checked "remember me" on the login form of both devices?

Do you sign out?