New and Improved CC

BirdTravels

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

Trying to use the CC Forum app. Using my laptop now.

That is a pointless exercise. CC indicated before the change and it has been widely reported following, apps are not supported and will not work with the new site. Use your mobile browser.

Tried to use it on my work laptop the past two days.  Everything was jammed over on the left-hand side of the screen and the text was HUGE!  Looks fine in my iPhones and iPad.  Will try on the laptop tomorrow morning without going through my company’s server system and see if it is any better.

6 hours ago, broberts said:

That is a pointless exercise. CC indicated before the change and it has been widely reported following, apps are not supported and will not work with the new site. Use your mobile browser.

No, it wasn't  widely reported for those who used the App on a mobile phone. I receive regular marketing emails from CC but not one about this change, if they can send guff I don't need they should be able to send notice of big important change!

Frankly this website has overnight gone from a really useful and informative tool to a PITA. And still no "like" button!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, harz99 said:

No, it wasn't  widely reported for those who used the App on a mobile phone. I receive regular marketing emails from CC but not one about this change, if they can send guff I don't need they should be able to send notice of big important change!

Frankly this website has overnight gone from a really useful and informative tool to a PITA. And still no "like" button!!

Have you noticed that when logged in all the posts you see but your own have a white heart in a gray circle in the lower right corner? Tap one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, broberts said:

Have you noticed that when logged in all the posts you see but your own have a white heart in a gray circle in the lower right corner? Tap one.

Well, well. But why not simply text saying like as per the text saying quote on the other side. Plain and easy, also balances the page layout. Thanks. But why not a mass email to all users explaining all the changes and how to's in plain English.

2 minutes ago, harz99 said:

Well, well. But why not simply text saying like as per the text saying quote on the other side. Plain and easy, also balances the page layout. Thanks. But why not a mass email to all users explaining all the changes and how to's in plain English.

Three awards are possible: Like, Haha, and Thanks. 

Apparently CC did email everyone before the conversion. I, like you and many others did not see such an email. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

Still missing my "Back to the Top" button!  Please bring it back!!!

Yes! 

Until it happens, the keyboard Home key scrolls to the top of the page. (End scrolls to the bottom of the page.) On Android tap the menu button (three horizontal bars) on the cc banner twice.

14 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Tried to use it on my work laptop the past two days.  Everything was jammed over on the left-hand side of the screen and the text was HUGE!  Looks fine in my iPhones and iPad.  Will try on the laptop tomorrow morning without going through my company’s server system and see if it is any better.

I have the same on my MAC. I made the size smaller and though it is not "huge" I am still not a fan.

• Like 1

I still used Tapatalk on my smartphone, iPhone, iPad and Fire HD tablets for other forums that I am part of, just not CC ... will survive and get by without it, just a PITA, excuse the ... as the push notifications and alerts are very useful, customized easily & I don't need to open the browser & go thru multiple clicks on a touch screen - last thing I need to carry along is a stylus/pointer, to reduce the odds of clicking next/exit, etc.  I'll accept the fact that CC isn't rolling back to the old software ... eventually, we will get use to it & hopefully, they will and can tweak it & fine-tune some of the "fields" based on feedback.

For the "few" of us with signature, which contained links to prior CC reviews, pictures, URL's - with the profile/signature ...the option to expand is back & cool, but once you try to edit & save - oops, error & you need to adapt to the changes, shorten & eliminate.  Leaving mine alone for now, just bailed out & exit without saving changes - going forward, this isn't good, for me; not a CC problem.  I will come up with a workaround & deal with this, just a heads up and I know it's been mentioned.  

3 minutes ago, harz99 said:

Thing is, who wanted all these changes - I very much doubt it was the end users, us!

Web sites and businesses have to try and keep up with technology, both in software and hardware.  If you lag too far behind it ends up biting you in the buttocks.  Change is inevitable.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ColinIllinois said:

Web sites and businesses have to try and keep up with technology, both in software and hardware.  If you lag too far behind it ends up biting you in the buttocks.  Change is inevitable.

So replace with an identical to use new tech version of what was then, so the end user sees little to no difference. Bit like replacing Windows 7 with Windows 10 but keeping the front page the same which is possible when you know how!

46 minutes ago, harz99 said:

So replace with an identical to use new tech version of what was then, so the end user sees little to no difference. Bit like replacing Windows 7 with Windows 10 but keeping the front page the same which is possible when you know how!

I well remember the loud screams, tantrums, and wailings of users totally frustrated with the new Windows 10 interface. So many absolutely refused to update. My how things have changed.

What you are asking for would have required a significant amount of software development, read $$$$ and more $$$$. Almost anything is possible in software, but one does have to be willing to part with a suitably large amount of treasure.

But why would one want to give up many of the really nice features found in this new website?

2 minutes ago, broberts said:

I well remember the loud screams, tantrums, and wailings of users totally frustrated with the new Windows 10 interface. So many absolutely refused to update. My how things have changed.

What you are asking for would have required a significant amount of software development, read $$$$ and more $$$$. Almost anything is possible in software, but one does have to be willing to part with a suitably large amount of treasure.

But why would one want to give up many of the really nice features found in this new website?

Because the upgrade to all these "really nice features" has lost the easy to use functionality that most of us know and used, especially those of us that used the no longer available app on mobile phones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, harz99 said:

Because the upgrade to all these "really nice features" has lost the easy to use functionality that most of us know and used, especially those of us that used the no longer available app on mobile phones.

That's just it, the new system is actually easier to use in a general sense. It is just difficult for us at the moment because we are so used to using a different interface. But I know you will not agree with this and I'm not willing to continue going to and fro over  an opinion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, broberts said:

That's just it, the new system is actually easier to use in a general sense. It is just difficult for us at the moment because we are so used to using a different interface. But I know you will not agree with this and I'm not willing to continue going to and fro over  an opinion.

That's fine, as you've probably guessed I'm  not into computers and complication. To me and many others a computer and the internet are tools to be used to make life easier whether in a work or home context, nothing else. This "upgrade" does neither for me. I get that dinosaurs like me have polarised views though, and respect that others will think differently.

8 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

I don't get a notice when a thread I am subscribed to has a new post. For instance, I subscribed to this thread 2 days ago and have no emails showing that there is any new content. Any recommendations?  

Check your Notification settings. Both the general ones at the top of the Notification Settings form and those below the first Save button. If you make changes click the appropriate Save button.

Toe get to Notification Settings on mobile, tap the menu button on the right side of the blue page toolbar. A menu will pop with a bell at the top. Tap the Bell. On a desktop the Bell is at the top of the page on the right.

Tapping the bell with bring up a notification list form. Top right corner of the form is Notification Settings.