Labadee questions

Kanebaby

Yes...the chairs are available to any and all.  There are several "beach areas" ....you can wander until you find the right one for you!  The cabanas carry a hefty price tag, but they have them for rent.  Labadee isn't so large that you can't stroll around the entire place in an hour or so!

11 hours ago, Kanebaby said:

Going to Labadee on IOTS in January. Wanted to know if there were free lounge chairs on the beach? Or beaches if there are multiple beaches. Never been before so not sure what to expect. TIA

There are free chairs but bring a dollar or two tip for each chair for the beach attendant. There are several beach areas. Avoid Adrenaline Beach. It is rocky with no shade. Columbus Cove and Nellies are the beaches to go to. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gqboy1 said:

Going to be our first time as well.  What are the food options on the island?  Or do we have to go back to the ship to eat?  Any activities for young kids?  

There is a free lunch served. The food is brought from the ship. There is an Aqua Park. They charge a fee for that. Also a coaster. That also has a fee. 

• 2 weeks later...

Our kids are interested in the Aqua Park - anyone care to comment about it?  Is it fun?  Pros/Cons?  How long do they get to play out there before they get kicked out - is it first come, first served?  

We're wondering if parents have to go on it as well or if we can just send the kids on their own - Ages 12+

Does it get overcrowded - is there a better time to go?

And last but not least, can we purchase tickets when we get there or will we be at risk of it selling out?  Should we hold out for any possible promotions for booking last minute??

Appreciate anyone's input!  Thanks!

The Aqua Park is a lot of fun for older kids, teens, and even adults.  The 'toys' are big inflatables that you swim to so being a fairly good swimmer is a must.  You also have to pull yourself out of the water to get on the inflatable and then climb up it, so upper body strength or less mass is also helpful.  You purchase an hours worth of time and after about 45 minutes you are usually beat - most people do not last the full hour.  But that is the max - once you hour is up, you have to leave.  Parents do not have to go, but they can watch from the dock - although it is a bit of a swim to get there so you are not right next to them if you are watching.  I have never seen it sell out, but I suppose it is possible.  They do offer discounts a lot, but never on the same day, so if it is something your kids want to do for sure, I would get tickets in advance when they are on sale.  Otherwise you could get them that day at full price if you wanted to wait and see.

Question RE: Beach Loungers

If I reserved a beach lounger through RCI pre-cruise, are these available everywhere at the port?

I have young kids and was thinking of heading to Columbus Cove this time; just wanted to make sure I'd be able to get our lounger there as well.  Thanks!

11 hours ago, rinse82 said:

Question RE: Beach Loungers

If I reserved a beach lounger through RCI pre-cruise, are these available everywhere at the port?

I have young kids and was thinking of heading to Columbus Cove this time; just wanted to make sure I'd be able to get our lounger there as well.  Thanks!

The clam-shell loungers are only available at Adrenaline Beach.  The loungers at Columbus Cove are free and plentiful.  They do not have the clam shell over it like the ones you pay for, but at Columbus Cove, there is so much shade you really don't need it.  I would not rent a lounger if you were planning on being at Columbus Cove.  The loungers there are all free.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RMH said:

The clam-shell loungers are only available at Adrenaline Beach.  The loungers at Columbus Cove are free and plentiful.  They do not have the clam shell over it like the ones you pay for, but at Columbus Cove, there is so much shade you really don't need it.  I would not rent a lounger if you were planning on being at Columbus Cove.  The loungers there are all free.

ok great, thanks!

• 2 months later...
It sounds like Columbus Cove is the place to go for shade, but is there also places you can get sun there as well?

Columbus Cove has places for sun too.

All the beaches have sun. I advise avoiding Adrenaline Beach because it is rocky. When you are walking that is the first beach you would walk near and the beach attendants will be eager to steer you to a chair there. You should keep going to Nellies or Columbus Cove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Columbus Cove has places for sun too.

All the beaches have sun. I advise avoiding Adrenaline Beach because it is rocky. When you are walking that is the first beach you would walk near and the beach attendants will be eager to steer you to a chair there. You should keep going to Nellies or Columbus Cove.

Perfect. I've heard great things about Columbus, but what makes Nellies a popular spot? You pass Nellies first, correct?

On 12/31/2018 at 9:22 PM, carnival03 said:

Perfect. I've heard great things about Columbus, but what makes Nellies a popular spot? You pass Nellies first, correct?

It is also closer to the center of the peninsula and shopping, hair braiding, splash pool, bocce ball, etc.  There are also kayak rentals and paddle board rentals at Nellies, so people interested in that will stay there.  The two beaches are literally about 50 yards apart, so if you don't find the perfect spot at one, you can go to the other one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RMH said:

It is also closer to the center of the peninsula and shopping, hair braiding, splash pool, bocce ball, etc.  There are also kayak rentals and paddle board rentals at Nellies, so people interested in that will stay there.  The two beaches are literally about 50 yards apart, so if you don't find the perfect spot at one, you can go to the other one.

Perfect! I saw a picture of someone paddle boarding at Labadee and was wondering if rentals were available. Thanks! 

I also thought I read about a tender that will take you by water from dock to Columbus Cove, can anyone confirm?

In the past they had a shuttle boat in the morning from the ship dock to Columbus Cove when I was there on Royal Caribbean. Last two times I was there on a Celebrity ship and no shuttle boat. I will be there next week on Royal again. I will look for it and see if they are still running it.

6 hours ago, wheezedr said:

I know there is a tram but how long is the walk from the dock to Columbus Cove if you just want to walk.

If you walk the same route as the tram, it is about .6 miles from the end of the pier to Columbus Cove.  That will take you through Artesian Village that has a lot of aggressive vendors that some people would rather avoid.  There is a shortcut via Nellie's Beach and under the waterslide that will take about .2 miles off of that walk and it avoids the vendors, but you do have to ascent and descend some stairs, so it would not work if you had mobility issues.

The shuttle boat is still running for one-way trips in the morning from the pier to Columbus Cove.  But you have to return through the security tent so you can't take the shuttle back to the ship.

Thanks a lot.  Sometimes walking just works rather than waiting for tram or boat.  Walking through Artesian village is no problem.  I am good at saying “NO”.

The artisans are there off to the side of the path so if you stay on the path you don’t have to walk thru the vendors unless you choose to look at their stuff. I have never taken the tram. If you can walk it is an easy walk.

Last October we took the tram directly to Columbus Cove and had a great day there! There was no shortage of loungers and you could choose from sun or shade. We had our own snorkel gear and were in the water most of the day. Dragged the kid out of the water to eat lunch and also had one hour of time booked on the inflatables at Arawak. That was fun, but exhausting, and having more upper body strength would have helped!  After so much activity we got kind of hungry towards the end of the day and wished we had brought some snacks off the ship. We took the tram back to the ship and were sad to leave Labadee. It was so fun! Bring singles to tip the chair people and musicians!

13 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

In the past they had a shuttle boat in the morning from the ship dock to Columbus Cove when I was there on Royal Caribbean. Last two times I was there on a Celebrity ship and no shuttle boat. I will be there next week on Royal again. I will look for it and see if they are still running it.

That would be great. Thanks!