Are countdown clocks gone?

9 minutes ago, lambs2 said:

I cannot find the link to make one ANYWHERE. I had an old one in my signature and did just remove it.  I will miss having a countdown to my next cruise!

How did you remove the old one??? mine showed up from 2 cruises ago!

24 minutes ago, red47 said:

How did you remove the old one??? mine showed up from 2 cruises ago!

I simply went into my signature through the link under my screen name in the upper right of page,  went to account settings/signature on the drop down menu, highlighted the old cruise countdown clock in my signture (edit function) and pressed delete/ thensaved the page.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:10 PM, lambs2 said:

I simply went into my signature through the link under my screen name in the upper right of page,  went to account settings/signature on the drop down menu, highlighted the old cruise countdown clock in my signture (edit function) and pressed delete/ thensaved the page.

I found a few clocks that would work (I tested) but they are too big and can't be used.  Still looking for a text only BBcode clock that would work.  Yes I have this much free time.  I have organized my cruise paperwork and looking for something to do.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I found a few clocks that would work (I tested) but they are too big and can't be used.  Still looking for a text only BBcode clock that would work.  Yes I have this much free time.  I have organized my cruise paperwork and looking for something to do.

You don't need a BBCode Clock. You simply need an image generating clock. I built my own really quickly. The other limitation though is that you can only have 1 image in your footer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ProvoAggie said:

You don't need a BBCode Clock. You simply need an image generating clock. I built my own really quickly. The other limitation though is that you can only have 1 image in your footer.

Interesting.  Would you mind sharing yours?

Just now, zitsky said:

Interesting.  Would you mind sharing yours?

Right now it just works for Royal Caribbean and I don't have a builder for it. Maybe I'll change that in the future. The URL for my countdown is:

http://natix.net/cruisei/rccl_Allure+of+the+Seas_Eastern+Caribbean_2019-01-13.jpg

You can change the ship name, cruise name and date to make it work for others.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

ProvoAggie, this is perfect.  Just what I need.  Thank you for sharing!

I decided to throw together a quick builder to customize the image and I put a couple of NCL backgrounds on there so that you can use it with the right background.

http://natix.net/cruise-image-generator

EDIT: It looks like their may be an additional issue. When you add an image to your signature now Cruise Critic makes a copy of it and caches it on their server. I believe this prevents the countdown from updating. Right now my image should say 86 days and have difference fonts but CruiseCritic is showing the one that they cached. I don't know if they cache it forever or if it will eventually refresh.

Edited by ProvoAggie
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ProvoAggie said:

I decided to throw together a quick builder to customize the image and I put a couple of NCL backgrounds on there so that you can use it with the right background.

EDIT: It looks like their may be an additional issue. When you add an image to your signature now Cruise Critic makes a copy of it and caches it on their server. I believe this prevents the countdown from updating. Right now my image should say 86 days and have difference fonts but CruiseCritic is showing the one that they cached. I don't know if they cache it forever or if it will eventually refresh.

It has refreshed, because I am seeing 86 days when I look at your signature.

55 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

It has refreshed, because I am seeing 86 days when I look at your signature.

I actually manually replaced it to see if there was a way to prevent the caching. I don't think my new method will work either but we'll see tomorrow.

I found something that should work.  But I can't figure out how to make it work in the signature.

Edit:  This is interesting.  There is an option to buy a copy of this clock but they seem to want a monthly subscription.  Oh well.

Edited by zitsky

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I found something that should work.  But I can't figure out how to make it work in the signature.

Edit:  This is interesting.  There is an option to buy a copy of this clock but they seem to want a monthly subscription.  Oh well.

That countdown requires an HTML iFrame (basically embedding another website) in your footer. There is no way that they'll allow that to happen. If they will just go back to allowing images from 3rd party sources that aren't cached on their server then there will be options available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 6:05 PM, ProvoAggie said:

Have you found a way to update it?     rccl_Rhapsody+of%20the%20Seasas_Pinnacle

Countdown clocks are allowed again. If you search in bugs and glitches there is a link to CC's countdown clock. I know of no other way to get there. I was able to put my 2 countdown clocks back. 

Edited by gnome12

• 1 month later...