Barcelona Must Do INTERIORS?

Fogfog

Can anyone give me a heads up on Barcelona and what is a MUST see INSIDE? We are likely going to hire a "tours by locals" folks and to get a broad overview of Barcelona and see a lot--in 8 hrs.. it doesn't include INTERIORS. However since its private, we can alter it. We have 3 days in Barc and one will be to see the Cava/Monsterrat etc. And one day was to do Dali and charming towns etc 

So advice?       Here's the plan 

La Sagrada Familia (Gaudi)
Park Guell (Gaudi)
Passeig de Gracia (Block of Discord)
La Pedrera/Casa Mila (Gaudi)
Casa Batllo (Gaudi)
Plaza España
The National Palace
Bull Ring "Las Arenas"
Gothic Quarter
The Cathedral
Roman ruins
Jewish quarter
La Rambla
Boqueria Market

TYIA

Of course, what one person thinks is a must see another might think is a ho-hum.  I would say inside of Sagrada Familia would be on my list and the rooftop of La Pedrera.  I also like the Market at breakfast.

Sagrada "inside" is highest on my list - go early in the day

Picasso Museum in Born/Gothic area - its open late

Palau Dalmasses up the same street as Picasso - evening Flamenco performances - pre-book

I would also say the Museu Nacional D'Art (too big - limit yourself) and magic fountains in front it also in PM

I like the outside and inside of the Palau de la Musica Catalana  - another great non-Gaudi modernist building without hordes of crowds, near metro stop Urquinaona.

Santa Catarina market before 3pm when the fresh food vendors rollup instead of Boqueria market

Gaudy not Gaudi - tour the "boutique" shops along Passeig de Gracia to see how the other half (maybe you are the other half?) lives and shops and to beat the heat, Also Hotel Majestic lobby and bar if dressed appropriately.

Craft Barcelona - for beer of course

Good adventures

10 minutes ago, grnrab said:

Sagrada "inside" is highest on my list - go early in the day

Picasso Museum in Born/Gothic area - its open late

Palau Dalmasses up the same street as Picasso - evening Flamenco performances - pre-book

I would also say the Museu Nacional D'Art (too big - limit yourself) and magic fountains in front it also in PM

I like the outside and inside of the Palau de la Musica Catalana  - another great non-Gaudi modernist building without hordes of crowds, near metro stop Urquinaona.

Santa Catarina market before 3pm when the fresh food vendors rollup instead of Boqueria market

Gaudy not Gaudi - tour the "boutique" shops along Passeig de Gracia to see how the other half (maybe you are the other half?) lives and shops and to beat the heat, Also Hotel Majestic lobby and bar if dressed appropriately.

Craft Barcelona - for beer of course

Good adventures

Thanks so much. We have 3 days in Barcelona and one will be to go to Montserrat.  Glad you mentioned the Picasso Museum. I had added that... any opinion on Miro? or the Na'tl Art of Cat ? http://www.museunacional.cat/en ? Is that the same one you mentioned?

Re Flamenco... Is this worth doing or is it touristy ? 

TYIA

4 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Thanks so much. We have 3 days in Barcelona and one will be to go to Montserrat.  Glad you mentioned the Picasso Museum. I had added that... any opinion on Miro? or the Na'tl Art of Cat ? http://www.museunacional.cat/en ? Is that the same one you mentioned?

Re Flamenco... Is this worth doing or is it touristy ? 

TYIA

Have done Flamenco in Madrid and found it a little touristy.  Not sure about Barcelona.

You will not be disappointed in Palau Dalmasses performances - they only seat 80-90 people, you are right on top of the stage and admission includes one adult beverage. Museu Natl D'Art over Miro - also walk and photograph the fountains in front (yes outdoors) - my own  personal - read up.

We were recently in Barcelona and took a private tour to Pals and Girona, about two hours outside of the city.  We used Spanish Trails for our excursion and it was the Girona and Costa Brava tour all day tour.  It was definitely worth every penny we paid for it.  The medieval towns of Pals and Girona were amazing and we got to see the beautiful countryside outside of Barcelona.  Highly recommended if you like historical venues.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you for these great pieces of advice. It helps to hear from those who have btdt and what to not miss..what can be passed

If we plan to do the Picasso museum in Barcelona... can we skip the one in Malaga--OR if you have seen both--which is a  better collection ... 

We have only 1 day in Malaga and 3 in Barcelona.  Am not sure than we need two Picasso museum stops.

Thoughts>  TYIA

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2019 at 4:08 PM, Fogfog said:

We have only 1 day in Malaga and 3 in Barcelona.  Am not sure than we need two Picasso museum stops.

Thoughts>  TYIA

The one in Barcelona is better.  Don't miss going to Granada from Malaga.

20 hours ago, marazul said:

The basic admission + guide (25 euros) is plenty.  Yu can actually spend a good couple of hours on the visit with that alone.

Which is about $57 a couple for one site

Palau de la Musica is beautiful inside, the tour is quite helpful and doesn't take a long time. When you see the stained glass inside, you might recognize it from movies and various photos. Just gorgeous. Sagrada Familia inside (and out) is so unique, definitely worth seeing. Las Ramblas- used to be more interesting, not now in our opinion; just walk down it once to say you saw it and move on! Too touristy and souvenirs are all the same, restaurants overpriced and not great, you can do better on just about any other street. La Boqueria market is okay but I would go elsewhere now. I agree about the suggestion to see the rooftop at La Pedrera - it is unlike anything else!

Gothic Quarter is great to walk around; if you want something unusual in that area go inside The Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum on Carrer Ample!  Quite interesting actually.

Casa Batlló is several stories high and each room and floor is a work of art.  Even the elevator shaft is amazing.  It isn't merely a room or two.  

Take the virtual tour for a sample of the details:

https://www.casabatllo.es/en/virtual-tour/

And here are architectural details of Casa Milá (La Pedrera).  The prices are about the same.

http://www.lapedrera.com/en/la-pedrera/architecture

You asked about a "MUST see INSIDE."  Either one would be that.  Both are unique.  I prefer Casa Batlló slightly over Casa Milá.  But the rooftop at Milá is more spectacular. 

The price is the price. And, yes, just for the interior.  That is the whole point. There are other "insides" you could see, but ...

Edited by marazul