Wine with room service?

vegasdriven

The people in the next suite on our first Regent cruise would get milkshakes delivered from room service every afternoon. I'm not ashamed to admit that I poached that idea. It was a hot cruise, and we would also have room service bring Aperol spritzes for us to enjoy on our veranda. Really, you can get whatever you want.

5 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

The people in the next suite on our first Regent cruise would get milkshakes delivered from room service every afternoon. I'm not ashamed to admit that I poached that idea. It was a hot cruise, and we would also have room service bring Aperol spritzes for us to enjoy on our veranda. Really, you can get whatever you want.

What is in a Alerol spritzes, I keep seeing post about it, now I’m curious. Getting excited to join up in Honolulu 

8 hours ago, Zoey1 said:

What is in a Alerol spritzes, I keep seeing post about it, now I’m curious. Getting excited to join up in Honolulu 

Aperol is an Italian Aperitif.

You mix it with Prosecco, Soda, ice and a slice of orange ...lovely drink....you must try it !!

8 hours ago, jollyjoyce said:

Aperol is an Italian Aperitif.

You mix it with Prosecco, Soda, ice and a slice of orange ...lovely drink....you must try it !!

Thank you for your reply, that sounds wonderful, looking forward to trying it onboard. Wes and Rich we are so enjoying your posts M

Wendy

One other small factoid to keep in mind if your itinerary is a btb booking.  It will show up as a single itinerary.  However, each segment is treated separately as to ability to order wine and spirits from "The List".  Example: recent Explorer btb, starting in Miami, with first segment ending in Barcelona.  Remained on for the next segment to Venice.  Another bottle of chilled bubbly on the table when we returned to the same suite from a short Barcelona shore excursion. 

Then, ordered one red, one white, and a bottle of vodka from The List--for the second time upon meeting our Room Steward.   Same guy as on first segment.  Actually, he knew we were staying aboard, and asked what we wanted before we asked him.  The "reload" arrived later that afternoon.

Ask and you will receive. 

GOARMY!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 9:35 PM, vegasdriven said:

Also, is there some kind of guideline as to what you can ask for in the way of liquor in your cabin?

On a recent NY to Montreal cruise, the first day while moving into our room, our cabin attendant asked if there was some kind of liquor I would like. I said a bottle of gin and it was in the room later that day.  This is in a Window Cabin, lowest category on the ship.  Previous Regent cruise in a Penthouse, the butler ask the same thing except he provided 2 bottles (one gin and one Scotch).  

I only drank about a 1/3 of the bottle if that and wondered if the rest went to the crew bar?  I had no desire to add the weight to my bag when we departed the cruise.