ms Volendam in Port Everglades October 19. 2018

Scrapnana

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

A city near Amsterdam.  I have visited Volendam several times and always buy some Dutch Christmas tree ornaments.

Bang! North-east of Amsterdam on the IJselmeer where you can get your pic taken in traditional costume

Image result for Volendam costume

Edited by Copper10-8

Just now, Copper10-8 said:

Bang! North-east of Amsterdam on the IJselmeer where you can get your pic taken in traditional costume

And, there used to be a food cart near the water where you could get the best shrimp and lobster tail sandwiches.  The shrimp were huge!   I'm planning to go back next summer.

11 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Brian; do you have your Nebraska flag out? :classic_cool:

No sir. All is sad in Nebraska football fan world. It's their worst start ever. I try not to talk about it much because Michelle gets angry. 

1 minute ago, POA1 said:

No sir. All is sad in Nebraska football fan world. It's their worst start ever. I try not to talk about it much because Michelle gets angry. 

I know that feeling with my team here in L.A. and it's not the University of Spoiled Children

Good toot!  Bon voyage, Volendam:classic_smile:

A question for the Sailaway Gang.  We will be on the premier voyage of Nieuw Statendam and we get in to FLL on December 18, but don't have to disembark until the 19th.  Our itinerary doesn't say what time we arrive, does anyone have any idea what time ships arrive if they come in the day before disembarkation?

Also, will you be watching?  I would try to be somewhere good to wave if so!  Maybe even request a wave!!

5 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

A question for the Sailaway Gang.  We will be on the premier voyage of Nieuw Statendam and we get in to FLL on December 18, but don't have to disembark until the 19th.  Our itinerary doesn't say what time we arrive, does anyone have any idea what time ships arrive if they come in the day before disembarkation?

Also, will you be watching?  I would try to be somewhere good to wave if so!  Maybe even request a wave!!

CruiseTimeTables.com has you arriving at 2359 on the 18th.

23 minutes ago, Himself said:

I can;t find the Southwest camera

Father,

On the Fort Lauderdale webcam look at the upper right and you will see an area labeled "Watch SW Cam" - this is the link.  (If you go over in a straight line to the left there is an area labeled "Watch SE Cam".

This is on the Fort Lauderdale webcam and not the Port Everglades cam.

Look just under the temperature in the photo

LSpSKnQjQv6LqisN2k5Gvg.jpg

Edited by DocJohnB

19 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Cruise ships typically start lining up at the PE sea buoy, east of the entrance, as early as 0430 and are taken in by pilot in 30 min, increments. It would depend on NSDM's itinerary and planned arrival