Ruby Princess pulls back into dock in San Pedro

1emerald1

2 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Just fixing the parking job a little bit, to center the ship between the lines of the parking space.  Don't want the people in the next space banging their doors into the side of the ship!

The Captain must have learned how to park from me!

There was an issue with some of the life boats during an inspection.  Captain announced around 3pm that we would pull away from the dock in order to turn around and dock the opposite way so work could be done.  As of now we still have not sailed and no further announcements have been made.

Usually, the ship sails out into international waters and does figure 8’s all night until it’s time to pull into Avalon. If sailing directly, it would take about an hour and a half at 18kts to sail from LA to Avalon. Not a big deal other than ports charges to the ship if it sails late. Princess will absorb the additional port charges. 

14 hours ago, kitkat007 said:

There was an issue with some of the life boats during an inspection.  Captain announced around 3pm that we would pull away from the dock in order to turn around and dock the opposite way so work could be done.  As of now we still have not sailed and no further announcements have been made.

Thanks for your response and glad you set sail.  There has been a lot of chatter on CC about Princess changing the dining times to earlier than stated on the personalizer.  Since you are on the ship, can you tell us what your actual dining time is and what time the shows are?  Thanks so much.

Sure!  Anytime dining from 4:30pm-8:30pm  (Michaelangelo) and 7:15pm-9:30pm (Da Vinci).  1st seating at 5pm (Da Vinci) and 5:30pm (Botticelli) and 2nd at 8pm (Botticelli).   My personalizer did say 6pm but our cards said 5:30pm when we got on the ship.  Menus look to be different too.  We ate in Crown Grill last night so tonight will be first night in MDR.  Show last night was 7 and 9pm (Magic To Do)  and tonight is 6:30 and 8:30pm (comedy).  Let me know if you would like to know anything else.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kitkat007 said:

Sure!  Anytime dining from 4:30pm-8:30pm  (Michaelangelo) and 7:15pm-9:30pm (Da Vinci).  1st seating at 5pm (Da Vinci) and 5:30pm (Botticelli) and 2nd at 8pm (Botticelli).   My personalizer did say 6pm but our cards said 5:30pm when we got on the ship.  Menus look to be different too.  We ate in Crown Grill last night so tonight will be first night in MDR.  Show last night was 7 and 9pm (Magic To Do)  and tonight is 6:30 and 8:30pm (comedy).  Let me know if you would like to know anything else.

Thanks so much for that very useful information, and for taking time to respond while on vacation!

The menus have changed, including some items from the Crown Grill that you must pay for.  All in All I liked it.  There is

also a Coffee and Cones on Lido Deck next to slice pizza.  They have an espresso machine to get lattes, etc.  New carpet

in corridors and new tvs in Room that are on wall opposite bed.

We had a great cruise from Vancouver, smooth seas and sun.

Greg

Do the TVs have a selection of movies and TV shows you can watch at any time you want rather than on the ship's schedule?

We just got off the Regal and liked the ability to watch movies when we wanted and not when the ship had them scheduled.  On every other ship we've been on, we weren't able to do this, so I'm wondering if this is specific to the Regal/Royal class...or if all the ships have this feature now.

41 minutes ago, Cabernetlover said:

Do the TVs have a selection of movies and TV shows you can watch at any time you want rather than on the ship's schedule?

We just got off the Regal and liked the ability to watch movies when we wanted and not when the ship had them scheduled.  On every other ship we've been on, we weren't able to do this, so I'm wondering if this is specific to the Regal/Royal class...or if all the ships have this feature now.

Last I knew the Ruby does not have on demand TV. Has that changed?