Using the cabin number search function on Sticky.

Dimarie40

With the new changes to CC I am struggling to work out how to search for a specific cabin number in the S class sticky. I assume it's the same in the M class sticky.

Pre changes all you had to do was open up the thread, type the cabin number into the search box and all the reviews for that particular cabin number would be displayed.  Now I cannot see where to do this.  Is this feature no longer available?  I know there are steps to take on the spreadsheet itself but it was such a simple task to just type in the cabin number.  

Any ideas people?

Thanks

Good question ... I totally relate to what you are talking about and I also searched, many many times, by cabin number in the thread posts and never looked at the spreadsheet.  Yes one can look at the spreadsheet butttttttttttttttt .... I wish I could answer your question but it appears not so straight forward. 

The ask that I relate to here is how does one search within a post for something/anything.  I see that there is still a search 'window' top right within a post (on desktop browser) and there are different options you can select on a pull down that appears; Search In 'This Topic' seems to makes sense so I selected that and even noted a cabin number on the first page of the thread that exists to test it, but results NOTHING so doesn't appear to do what I expect.

Maybe growing pains of the search function and that this should work? 

• Like 1

The search function, as best I can tell from reading the Help board, is still being worked on, as there is a ton of data to be indexed, loaded, whatever the technical term is. But yes, at some point, we again need to be able to enter just the cabin number in the sticky and see all comments about that stateroom. I did try that the other day, got no returns on the search (I know there should be) and reported this. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ereggae said:

Same problem here.  Waste of time going through several pages of thread to find cabin number.

????  Takes 5 seconds at most.  Just scroll down to the cabin number you want.  I just did it as I was curious.    

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

how do i find this sticky, or spreadsheet?

could someone share the link? thanks 

(im interested in  cabins on Infinity - Deck 3)

It's at the top of the page when you go into the Celebrity Forum.

15 hours ago, emmas gran said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lYvbGYBf2WB3jSFTVuliFltauVnhdqfheWJTeFujSbs/htmlview#

This is the link for S class--I never search by cabin number just go down the list under Cabins to find what you need. It will work for M class also

Liz

Liz, I'm aware I can do that however the search box where you can just type in a cabin number was a much more effective way of reading cabin reviews, especially if you are looking at multiple cabins.