Unlimited Arcade

mdsgu

I just looked to see the cost for our Bliss cruise in 9 days and it shows a price of $161 per person and everyone in cabin had to purchase it.  It amazes me how quickly NCL raises prices on things.  It must have been a big success for them so they want to see how much more they can get.

18 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

I just looked to see the cost for our Bliss cruise in 9 days and it shows a price of $161 per person and everyone in cabin had to purchase it.  It amazes me how quickly NCL raises prices on things.  It must have been a big success for them so they want to see how much more they can get.

My partner and I had this on the Escape at the $56 pp price for booking it before we got on board. At $56 we kind of debated at the end of the cruise if we had gotten our money's worth and decided that, even if we didn't do $112 of arcade games, it was still nice not having think about every swipe. At $161 pp, it would definitely NOT be worth it for the amount we used it.

33 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

DH and I were looking to book it for our January cruise on the Epic, for 2 of us  at $8/day it would have been $176-that is a somewhat reasonable price in our opinion. At almost double the cost they can keep it and we will just pay out of pocket and regulate what and if we spend money in the arcade.

they changed the package . now you can buy package for only one guest - and then you can probably transfer it between people in same stateroom

Ultimate Arcade Package

DETAILS

Play on (and on and on)!  Purchase the Ultimate Arcade Package and enjoy unlimited arcade games for your entire cruise.

Ultimate Arcade Package must be purchased for at least one guest within the stateroom.

Guests can play select arcade games for the duration of their current cruise. The Ultimate Arcade Package includes arcade games with Green colored swipes. All other prize and ticket issuing games, including vending will be charged at posted price. The Unlimited Arcade Package sharing controls includes limiting guests to three (3) swipes every three (3) minutes. If compromised, the card will be disabled for 15 minutes. Norwegian Cruise Line management reserves the right to alter or change package structure at any time.

For us, the change to $161 was actually worth it - kiddo loves the swipe games and if we had to buy the package for all three of us in the cabin at 88$ / person = $264. I don't really play games, but Ro loves them because he doesn't have an arcade near him at home (a la Chucky' Cheese, etc...), and has fun playing games with other kids on the boat - especially on a winter cruise out of NYC when the first few days and last few days often are not great weather, and it's fun to be inside having motorcycle races and burning off excess energy. 

At $161, my 9 yo can enjoy swiping away with our supervision for the cruise. At 11 days, you figure 10 being actually days when he can use the arcade, that's definitely a great price! Personal decision though...we have had "PJ night" where we sneak out of our room to grab fries at O'Sheehan's then play table hockey - very cool memories. 

Amy

18 hours ago, dubroben22 said:

they changed the package . now you can buy package for only one guest - and then you can probably transfer it between people in same stateroom

Ultimate Arcade Package

DETAILS

Play on (and on and on)!  Purchase the Ultimate Arcade Package and enjoy unlimited arcade games for your entire cruise.

Ultimate Arcade Package must be purchased for at least one guest within the stateroom.

Guests can play select arcade games for the duration of their current cruise. The Ultimate Arcade Package includes arcade games with Green colored swipes. All other prize and ticket issuing games, including vending will be charged at posted price. The Unlimited Arcade Package sharing controls includes limiting guests to three (3) swipes every three (3) minutes. If compromised, the card will be disabled for 15 minutes. Norwegian Cruise Line management reserves the right to alter or change package structure at any time.

Do we know if the flat rate is $161 or is that based on a 7 day cruise, i.e. an 11 day cruise would be more? If we purchase just 1 and share then we save $15 with the flat rate.

• 3 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:15 AM, tbo said:

Do we know if the flat rate is $161 or is that based on a 7 day cruise, i.e. an 11 day cruise would be more? If we purchase just 1 and share then we save $15 with the flat rate.

We were on the Star 14 day cruise last month, and it was ~$161 for the 14 day cruise.

As others have said it is only for the green-swipe games, but then at $1.60 per game my son got his money's worth as he was playing a lot of time each day. (Not many kids on our cruise).

On 11/9/2018 at 11:15 AM, tbo said:

It is a flat rate. We are going on the Getaway for 7 nights and it is still $161

"

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, dubroben22 said:

Ultimate Arcade Package

DETAILS

"Ultimate Arcade Package must be purchased for at least one guest within the stateroom"

I'm not sure that is what they mean.  That makes it sound like 1 guest in every stateroom has to purchase it.

1 hour ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

"

"Ultimate Arcade Package must be purchased for at least one guest within the stateroom"

I'm not sure that is what they mean.  That makes it sound like 1 guest in every stateroom has to purchase it.

It means that if you want to have the UAP then at least one guest in the stateroom must purchase it......  it actually seems pretty obvious except that the "one person" is relatively new where before it was "all guests" in stateroom had to purchase it even if only one guest wanted it...  they've lowered it to allow only one quest (think of the UBP purchase where all guests have to purchase it even if only one wanted to). 

3 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

It means that if you want to have the UAP then at least one guest in the stateroom must purchase it......  it actually seems pretty obvious except that the "one person" is relatively new where before it was "all guests" in stateroom had to purchase it even if only one guest wanted it...  they've lowered it to allow only one quest (think of the UBP purchase where all guests have to purchase it even if only one wanted to). 

Yes but isn't it obvious that if you want it then someone has to buy it?  They just need to remove that whole sentence.

1 hour ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Yes but isn't it obvious that if you want it then someone has to buy it?  They just need to remove that whole sentence.

The wording is stupid. They make it sound like they’ll punish you if someone doesn’t buy it. I just purchased it for one of my two young daughters for our upcoming 15 day. Price was still $161 which was great considering it is the same price as a 7 day. I almost dare say it’s one of the only real values offered by NCL in this case. 

2 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Agreed....   but like I mentioned, the change was very recent to allow just a single guest to purchase it and the marketing department seems to be trying to make it very obvious that that not all guests need to purchase it.  Could they choose better words... yes, but the point is pretty obvious if you want something you have to buy it....