Do you sleep better on a ship?

Dena

If I were on a ship now I'd certainly be asleep. I find the motion rocks me to sleep - it is so peaceful. Also, on the ship, I don't get excessive bright light at night (either from TV, since I don't watch it on the ship, or from the computer - I don't qualify for free internet yet) so my melatonin level isn't affected by the light and I fall asleep easy.

Yes I do sleep better on a ship. It's the rocking of the ship, the total darkness in the stateroom, and the fresh sea air. I also am very active on the cruise - I always go on a shore excursion. I find after I get back I need another vacation just to recover from the cruise!:D

I, too, sleep better on a ship. The rocking motion and the fresh sea air definitely play a large part in this, and also because we stay up til midnight or later taking advantage of the nightlife on the ship. We are not normally late night people and still want to be up early so we don't miss anything, therefore a good nights sleep comes easily on the ship. :)

Generally I sleep better on a cruise. But last time, we had a forward cabin and each night, the Captain would rev up the ship and we would go at flank speed to make the next port. The seas were a little choppy so at times the gentle rocking motion turned into big swings. I like to sleep on my side and I was "knocked" over onto my front or back several times during the night. It was okay because any night on board ship is better than one on land.

It depends for me - I wouldn't say I do as a general rule. If I am tired from a lot of activities and the bed separation isn't too noticeable then generally the gentle rocking helps.

I might use that suggestion to ask for the egg crate topper -- wonder if that's for each separate twin or if they have the equivalent queen size.

Ditto..... I also sleep better on the ship.... I know part of it is the motion of the ship, the sea air but also, I'm finally not thinking about work and everything else in life...lol.... And I love the first day when we're at sea.... I sleep til the cows come home and not worry about missing a shore excursion.... :D

Hi:

Yes, definitely. I tell my husband that's why we have to cruise at least twice a year. When I'm home, I have terrible insomnia and I've had it all my life; but when I'm on a ship, it just rocks me to sleep. The fresh air and all the exercise (we do a lot of walking and swimming), along with everything else associated with cruising, really helps me sleep. I leave my Ambien at home, I dont' need it on the ship.

Just got home last weekend from a NY Eve cruise and we're going again in two months, so I'll be able to sleep again. I've tried everything and going on a cruise is the only thing that works for my insomnia.

Happy cruising....Sparkle 10

And I love the first day when we're at sea.... I sleep til the cows come home and not worry about missing a shore excursion.... :D

This is what has happened to DH and I on each of our three cruises, we sleep late the first morning. But we feel so well rested when we get up.

Yes! It is the only time during the year I get a good nights sleep! The rocking of the ship lulls me into a good deep sleep. Many times we will sit and snooze on our balcony in the afternoon on sea days. If anyone knows of a king size cradle that automatically rocks like a cruise ship, let me know so I can get one at home! :D

Archived