Blue Bay Beach

OCruisers

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 9:03 PM, merinski said:

Just booked through Celebrity for Blue Bay, they had a sale! 

Cost?

Last week a cab for 4 to Blue Bay was $30USD each way, $8pp to use the Beach.

No issues getting a cab at the port, give the cab driver a time and he'll come back to pick you up also.

3 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

Cost?

No issues getting a cab at the port, give the cab driver a time and he'll come back to pick you up also.

That's what we're planning to do in a couple weeks!!  How was the beach for drop-off?  Hoping its a gradual entry? Was anyone snorkelling there?  TIA

4 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

Cost?

I think we paid $40 or less each. It was a 30% off sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

That's what we're planning to do in a couple weeks!!  How was the beach for drop-off?  Hoping its a gradual entry? Was anyone snorkelling there?  TIA

Beach is very gradual out quite a ways, then drops off significantly. If you're just swimming at the beach it won't be a problem at all.

Bring water shoes, can be quite rocky underfoot in areas.

Snorkelling is actually not bad. Both sides of the "bay" are protected by rocky areas. The left side had quite a few fish, and if you go out and around the rocky outcropping there are some decent fish/coral there as well. The right side has quite a few submerged rocks also which are growing coral. 

Keep your eyes open, there was even an octopus swimming around some rocks!!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2018 at 8:55 AM, NateUpNorth said:

Cost?

I guess for the cost of a round trip (60 + tip) and then entry for two (16) we might as well book through the cruise line as I can get it for $70 for the two of us right now.  My only question is should would Cabana Beach be better?

• 2 weeks later...

We did the ship tour to Blue Bay Beach. It was a nice beach. Not crowded. Lounges were dirty, had to put towel down. We snorkeled there and it was pretty nice. The water was cold though. It was over cast and did rain a bit, but it was still a nice day. 4 hrs was a bit long. The price was better though through the ship , as we got it on a 30% off sale.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 10:49 AM, FionaMG said:

Wow, that seems expensive! We are doing RCI's Blue Bay Beach Break next month, also for the ease and convenience, for the euro equivalent of $33 pp. Admittedly we got that price during a sale but even so the "normal" price is $39 pp. Our times are 9.15 - 1.15 and the price includes a lounger and a bottle of water. Maybe yours includes some food, for that price?

How did you like it? Considering this tour in 2 weeks. Looking for shade and snorkeling at the top of the list. Also wondering if RCI's tour includes chairs?

Edited by Choozin Croozin

11 hours ago, Choozin Croozin said:

How did you like it? Considering this tour in 2 weeks. Looking for shade and snorkeling at the top of the list. Also wondering if RCI's tour includes chairs?

Hi.

It sounds like it would probably be a good bet for you, especially if it compares favourably price-wise with doing it on your own. We could not have got there cheaper on our own (taxi $30 each way plus $8 per person admission) so in that respect it was good value for money.

To be honest, we did not actually care for the beach very much but that is ONLY because it was the wrong type of beach for what we like to do. Other people on our bus were raving about it on the way back to the ship so it is very subjective.

There were lots of people in the water snorkelling (bring water shoes; it's a bit rocky underfoot) and although we don't snorkel the water was clear enough that we could see a good number of fish from above the surface.

The chairs are included in the price and there is plenty of shade. Food and drinks are available at an extra cost. We didn't use them so I can't comment on how good/bad they are. And there was a dive shop with equipment hire.

Hope this helps. :classic_smile:

20181128_095932_p.jpg

20181128_100240_p.jpg

20181128_104645_p.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 12:44 PM, bup1224 said:

I have not been on a cruise excursion as I live here but the snorkeling was pretty good there a few weeks ago and has been consistently good IMO in the past 10 months.  You can also take a taxi there, current rates for taxis are in the picture

taxi rates.jpeg

Where is this sign posted?  Where is the taxi stand closest to the port?  We had to walk a fairly long way almost to the floating bridge before we found a taxi.  Is there a taxi stand closer to the ship?

7 hours ago, cruisecookie said:

Where is this sign posted?  Where is the taxi stand closest to the port?  We had to walk a fairly long way almost to the floating bridge before we found a taxi.  Is there a taxi stand closer to the ship?

Just answered you on your other thread, but just in case it might be helpful for anyone else reading this one, the taxi stand is literally right next to the pier, where the red arrow is in the photo.

taxi stand curacao.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, MJK Cruiser said:

We are going on RC to this port in Dec/19.  My husband has a few problems with walking.  Is the water really rocky all over.  Has anyone been to Mambo Beach...is it better.

Mambo beach is flat and sandy and the water is calm, almost lagoon-like, thanks to the breakwaters.

20171211_172913.jpg

20171211_172657.jpg

Edited by FionaMG

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Mambo beach is flat and sandy and the water is calm, almost lagoon-like, thanks to the breakwaters.

20171211_172913.jpg

20171211_172657.jpg

Was it loud?  We went to a Mambo Beach at another island and it was so loud I really disliked it.  We were with a ship excursion and needed to stay in the area.  I am afraid this one will be loud too.

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

20171211_172913.jpg

20171211_172657.jpg

Was it loud?  We went to a Mambo Beach at another island and it was so loud I really disliked it.  We were with a ship excursion and needed to stay in the area.  I am afraid this one will be loud too.

Edited by ridgerunner51
Spacing.