online check in

Cabot49

Can anyone tell me if Princess has facilities for online airport check in? I travel only carryon and will be arriving at FLL on a tight flight schedule. I am not getting the internet package on the ship and would like to be able to head straight to security when I arrive at the airport.

7 hours ago, Potstech said:

If your airline participates Princess has the EZ Check program that will do that. Otherwise you are on your own.  They usually have a specialthe day before to use the Internet to check in before you arrive.

No EZCheck for international flights (OP stated on another thread he is flying Air Canada). And if he is on a "tight schedule" you can be certain the flight is too early for EZCheck even if domestic.

OP: if your schedule is that tight I suggest purchasing a day's international roaming for your phone. You can then check in early that morning as soon as the ship receives cell signal from land, and also use the app to enter your Canadian customs info as I assume your flight will be pre-clearing at FLL. And perhaps if you shared exactly what time your flight departs someone will have further hints for you.

Edited by fishywood

10 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Just go to the internet lounge the day prior to disembarkation and ask someone to use 2 minutes of their time. Have a $ 5 ready to reimburse them for the time used. If you hit me up, I’ll let you use the 2 minutes for free. 

I have let people use a few of my minutes at N/C to check in.

1 hour ago, fishywood said:

use the app to enter your Canadian customs info as I assume your flight will be pre-clearing at FLL

There is no App to enter Canadian customs info and there is no pre-clearing in FLL. All customs and Immigration formalities are done at the first Canadian airport. 

28 minutes ago, diverward said:

There is no App to enter Canadian customs info and there is no pre-clearing in FLL. All customs and Immigration formalities are done at the first Canadian airport. 

Sorry I was mistaken about pre clearance. 

But when I flew FLL-MSP-YVR for my Alaska cruise in May while sitting in the plane at the gate waiting to take off from MSP the pilot encouraged us to (before the doors were shut) download the app to pre-enter Canadian customs information. Unfortunately I deleted it upon returning home so cannot give you more specifics.

EDIT: here is the info about the CanBorder eDeclaration app. Straight from the official website:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/edeclaration-eng.html

Edited by fishywood

2 hours ago, fishywood said:

EDIT: here is the info about the CanBorder eDeclaration app. Straight from the official website:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/edeclaration-eng.html

Thank you for this info. However we use Nexus for arrival and thus am not able to use this App. But good info though. Have a great day.