Fantastica drink vouchers

disneykins

We sailed April 20 on the Seaview.  We fought ahead of time to get OBC instead of vouchers because we were not sure they would actually produce vouchers.  Also we asked about free water at dinner and were told no!  The right hand does not know what the left is doing in the company.  sad.

• 2 weeks later...

We're going on MSC cruise at end of June 2019 booked in Oct 2018. In March 2019, received cruise ticket with Fantastica Drink Package on it. On Thurs. 5/30, MSC re-issued ticket without Fantastica Drink Package on it. I called my TA - Vacations To Go (they are horrible by they way) and the manager established a conf. call with MSC. The MSC rep said ask GS on board. However, I wanted to get this straightened out before I embark, therefore, I asked that a MSC supervisor call the TA supervisor to straighten this matter out. Both organizations IMO are inept and I'm not really expecting much. I did lodge a dispute with my credit card company, b/c this is classic bait and switch. I will ask GS once on board, however, I will not allow this to spoil my long awaited vacation. I already know that I will not use Vacations To Go in the future. Whether I will go on another cruise with MSC depends on how this turns out and how things go on the cruise but right now it's looking like 1 and done with MSC.

In summary,  here are the steps I'm taking...

1. Contact TA (done)

2. Conf. Call with MSC management (done)

3. Talk with GS once on board

4. Have gratuities removed from my account once on board

5. Issue dispute with credit card company - deduct the amount for the fantastica drink package

6. Never use Vacations To Go or MSC again

Please let me know if there is any other things I should do concerning this matter. 

Do you have s copy of the original resceith the Fantastica drinks (usually bottom of Page with 3 ***) 

show this to guest services and they should be able to provide the vouchers in 24 hrs or less.  This has happened to many of us

Good luck.  Post your experience and have a good time!

8 minutes ago, Joyful2020 said:

We're going on MSC cruise at end of June 2019 booked in Oct 2018. In March 2019, received cruise ticket with Fantastica Drink Package on it. On Thurs. 5/30, MSC re-issued ticket without Fantastica Drink Package on it. I called my TA - Vacations To Go (they are horrible by they way) and the manager established a conf. call with MSC. The MSC rep said ask GS on board. However, I wanted to get this straightened out before I embark, therefore, I asked that a MSC supervisor call the TA supervisor to straighten this matter out. Both organizations IMO are inept and I'm not really expecting much. I did lodge a dispute with my credit card company, b/c this is classic bait and switch. I will ask GS once on board, however, I will not allow this to spoil my long awaited vacation. I already know that I will not use Vacations To Go in the future. Whether I will go on another cruise with MSC depends on how this turns out and how things go on the cruise but right now it's looking like 1 and done with MSC.

1. Contact TA (done)

5. Issue dispute with credit card company - deduct the amount for the fantastica drink package

Please let me know if there is any other things I should do concerning this matter. 

or you could just print the old ticket that shows the Fantastica package and get your voucher at guest service. Easy peasy.

10 minutes ago, thetaro said:

or you could just print the old ticket that shows the Fantastica package and get your voucher at guest service. Easy peasy.

Yup but they will still take some time to get “approval”.

On 5/26/2019 at 2:44 AM, cntrydncr1 said:

Also we asked about free water at dinner and were told no!  The right hand does not know what the left is doing in the company.  sad.

We had the same. We asked about the free water and were told no. We had to pay for the water. I know we should get free bottled water as we booked from the USA but I didn't want to make a fuss so just paid.

Just don't understand how they can promise things but not deliver just to save on a few cents. 

5 minutes ago, Tinkerbell8 said:

We had the same. We asked about the free water and were told no. We had to pay for the water. I know we should get free bottled water as we booked from the USA but I didn't want to make a fuss so just paid.

Just don't understand how they can promise things but not deliver just to save on a few cents. 

They are supposed to know you are a North American res and code goes on your card. It was 601 when we were in Europe. 4 cruises/4 ships all same type of booking. Only one of the four got it right but the others did correct it and from then on there was no problem 

If you get onto the ship already saying you will never sail MSC again I doubt they will try very hard to accommodate you.

Not all US booked sailings offer the "mineral water & coffee during meals" promotion, just specific ones which are pretty well indicated. 

2 hours ago, Joyful2020 said:

1. Contact TA (done)

The problem you have, is it was included in the experience small print that the vouchers would cease after the last winter sailing from August onwards.