Canada (City of Quebec)

Cruzer Two

Loved your video!  I've been there multiple times since I was 12, the year my family did a "grand" tour of NYC, New England and Canada (from Indiana).  Most recently my husband and I sailed there for the first time (2015).  It never gets "old"!

Edited by BarbinMich

2 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

Loved your video!  I've been there multiple times since I was 12, the year my family did a "grand" tour of NYC, New England and Canada (from Indiana).  Most recently my husband and I sailed there for the first time (2015).  It never gets "old"!

Thanks for the nice comments.  This is one of the most "European-looking cities" outside of Europe! We enjoy our one and only visit. Maybe we'll go back one of these days.

That is the best video I've ever seen of Quebec City. Thank you very much. We will be there next October , so hoping the weather is as good as your video showed. The Funicular will be chosen instead of all those steps! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2019 at 2:49 PM, DarCrav said:

Thanks so much!  French Canadian group, then?  I'm looking for music to listen to on our cruise to Quebec City in September.

Where to start?  I suppose it depends on your tastes in music as there is a full range of Québecois music styles—traditional, neo-traditional (such as Le Vent du Nord noted above), folk, the chansonniers of the ‘50s and ‘60s, jazz, rock in all its many forms, pop (yes, Céline Dion) and on and on.  I really can’t speak to contemporary music as it’s not my thing but there’s lots of interesting music being created. 

Give us us a sense of what kind of music you like and perhaps I or someone else can point you in the right direction.  

• 2 weeks later...

Le Vent du Nord is a great band and one of the best of the neo-traditional groups. I’ve been fortunate to hear them live.  As you like them, you might want to check out La Bottine Souriante which began performing in 1976 and is still going strong. They are really the founder of the Québec neo-traditional movement.

If you want to want to go back a bit further, listen to my favourite Québécoise singer of the 1960s, Monique Leyrac, especially her renditions of songs by the iconic Claude Léveillée, Gilles Vigneault and Félix Leclerc. In fact, listen to Félix himself, the first great Québécois chansonnier. 

Edited by laverendrye

Those who visit Montréal and Québec on cruises don’t get an opportunity to see these cities under a blanket of snow. Here’s a jolly folk song on the joys of winter in this part of the world.

For those who don’t understand French, and particularly the Québécois version, I should point out that the entire song is one curse-word after another.  In Québec these all tend to be religious expressions. 

OP, thanks for the video. We will be visiting Quebec city on a cruise later this year and this has really got me thinking about what we would want to see and do 🙂

Does anyone have recommendations for somewhere for good coffee and cake?

1 hour ago, Slugsta said:

Does anyone have recommendations for somewhere for good coffee and cake?

There  are lots of  good places 

there is one near the funicular in Old Town  has some good  treats

image.png.c4176f233aade84aadff48bef30bd8ad.png

image.png.03ed7a88b7d563b277c78d5a2c4940fc.png

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

To:  laverendrye

Great video!  Did you put this together with the music?  It is so professional.  Very impressive indeed.   Looking forward to visiting Quebec City this September on our Canada/New England cruise.  I've been to Quebec City once before ... many years ago when I lived in Montreal .  We drove in during the Quebec Winter Carnival ... and we saw Monsieur de Bon Homme and all the ice sculptures.  It was beautiful but FREEZING.  All I remember from that visit was looking for and walking in and out of cafes having hot chocolate to warm up.  And of course the spectacular Chateau Frontenac.  Thanks again for the video.