X specific booking questions

Tao Diva

I'm excited about the new EDGE verandas SEA spa. I decided to take my youngest daughter on a cruise in Aqua Class for our birthdays in 2020. (Our birthdays are close together) We've both cruised other lines but this will be the first time with Celebrity for both of us. I have a few (very) basic booking questions.

1. Timing: I'm excited and plan to book as soon as the schedules open for our birthday month. If there is a price drop later, will Celebrity offer anything (OBC, Upgrade, etc.)?

2. If not, it looks like Celebrity allows you to cancel up to three months out without penalty. Could I cancel and rebook at the lower rate? (provided there are still staterooms available in the desired category.) 

3. Is there any advantage to booking through a travel agent over booking directly with Celebrity?

Thank you in advance for any insights.

Since you're booking from the US, yes you can cancel and rebook or get a price reduction or upgrade. There is a definite advantage booking your cruise through a TA, for the large online TAs often offer either lower rates, more perks/OBC (or both) than the cruise line does when booking direct. Make sure that you're booking refundable deposits and also, if you book with a TA make sure you understand whether they have any cancellation penalties and what they are. We always book with a TA and have often called when we see price reductions (before final payment) and gotten credited, upgraded or both. Good luck, happy cruising and an early happy birthday wish to both of you.

• Like 1

If the price drops, normally you don’t cancel and rebook, you just have the fare adjusted (this applies to US bookings,  not available worldwide). But make certain you have the refundable deposit option and that your TA will do this at no charge.  Ask before you book.  

Query you friends and family to get recommendations about a TA.  Don’t ask here because CruiseCriticc does not allow posters to recommend

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Query you friends and family to get recommendations about a TA.  Don’t ask here because CruiseCriticc does not allow posters to recommend

Thanks for the insight and warning. No worries, I already have a TA in mind that I used for my Disney Cruises. 

12 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Good luck, happy cruising and an early happy birthday wish to both of you.

Thanks for your concise overview. It's just what I needed to know. I was a little concerned that things might be different on a more upscale cruise brand. I'm glad to know the old wisdom still applies. 

Aside from more perks and pricing, we find booking  directly with X is easier for us.  We are able to manage our booking without a middle step...and find it easy to reach the reps for info and changes...whatever works best for you,

Spa and Thermal suites on EDGE look amazing.  Can't wait...We are in AQ class and will have the Thermal suites and BLU  dining included.

ENJOY!

• Like 1