Did you know?

MixerDave

Too many stay on the boat and don't spend money because there isn't a lot to do. I have now been to Nassau three times and haven't done too much.  After spending so much on a cruise, I really don't feel like spending money for a day pass at Atlantis. Maybe there are things I am missing but a quick walk around the port and I'm back on the ship. Nothing much to even buy.

6 hours ago, MixerDave said:

It seems cruise lines were being paid to cruise to Nassau.  This has ended because:......

https://cruiseradio.net/bahamas-cuts-off-cruise-line-cash-flow/

Seems like their efforts would be better directed to making it a better place to get off the ship.  Unless they do not care much about the tourism business.

6 hours ago, dateacher said:

Too many stay on the boat and don't spend money because there isn't a lot to do. I have now been to Nassau three times and haven't done too much.  After spending so much on a cruise, I really don't feel like spending money for a day pass at Atlantis. Maybe there are things I am missing but a quick walk around the port and I'm back on the ship. Nothing much to even buy.

This is especially true for those of us who have been there so many times, seems like almost every cruise goes there. 

42 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Seems like their efforts would be better directed to making it a better place to get off the ship.  Unless they do not care much about the tourism business.

The article says they are going to try and do exactly that.