Show Me Your Doors!!!

pyropoodle

2 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "the new doors are not metal."  We sailed on the Horizon and our magnetic door sign from Custom Cruise Wear stuck to it just fine.  I'm not aware of anything else that magnets stick to other than metal.

I know what she’s talking about because I couldn’t get a magnet to stick on my breeze door.

11 hours ago, pyropoodle said:

I'm sure this topic has been posted, but search function for me is not finding it.  please feel free to ignore or point me in the direction of the thread.  that being said,   I have never decorated the outside of our cabin door.  in 298 days, we will set sail for the 1st time as a family of 4, and I think my kiddos would get a kick out of being able to find our cabin door, so show me your pics of your cabin doors.  I want to see them all!  

also, if you have any carnival approved tips for applying your stuff to your door, please let me know as well. command hooks, etc....TIA

Hope the other kids and drunks don't tear them down.

We use command hooks and fishing line to hang our banner.  You could string the fishing line through the grommets and hang it inside your door. Most times, I just use string to hang the banner from command strips. I attach it on both top and bottom to prevent it from swinging when the door is opened .  To carry it, I use the canvas container from previous cruises. 6C8AB306-0513-4F81-A0C5-225EB2E5B5AD.thumb.jpeg.5ddee2de8a9c4d6af9bf78b96e011a07.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pyropoodle said:

...and a thought just popped into my tiny brain..if these are wooden slats, I'm guessing a magnet would be completely useless on these. (unless they are metal that looks like wood?  hey, you never know....) so command hooks or those peel n stick decals might be the only way to go on this.  can you confirm if it is indeed wood? 

We were on the breeze but I didn’t try magnets on the front of the door.  I have used magnets on the inside of the cabin walls though.  I have some really strong ones from amazon.   There is a Facebook group called decorate your doors that shows fun ideas.  My sister has made her decorations a couple of times, once a wreath out of flip flops.  Another time, she had flip flops decorated and some fake sand, sea shells, etc.  we could not get that one to stay put, it was too heavy and the commands didn’t hold it.  We ended up lining the sides of the door with the stuff.  

• Like 1

thanks for sharing the video CoW mAn! and also, Quiltcruiser, neat idea with the flip flop wreath. 

as for drunks and kids pulling stuff down, strangely, I mind that less than someone leaving their tray of finished room service dishes in front of my cabin door.  that stuff realllyyyy makes me nuts.

10 hours ago, Quilcruisers said:

We use command hooks and fishing line to hang our banner.  You could string the fishing line through the grommets and hang it inside your door. Most times, I just use string to hang the banner from command strips. I attach it on both top and bottom to prevent it from swinging when the door is opened .  To carry it, I use the canvas container from previous cruises. 

this is neat about the banner as well.  I like the idea that something is reusable if needed.  

for what it's worth, though I'm sure it happens, I've never seen anyone pulling anyone else's decorations down.  hopefully, that was like a one time incident.  probably would be pretty easy to track who did it since there are cameras everywhere.

• Like 1

What percentage of rooms decorate their doors? My last cruise was years ago and I don't remember seeing any of this (but that was on Celebrity). I personally have no desire to decorate it but I have a feeling my kids may enjoy it.

not sure of the exact percentage, but you will most likely see door décor on some doors if you wander the hallways.  I've never really had the desire either...until now since children have taken over my life!  I think they would really love it and since they are short and might not be able to see the numbers to our room, they would def recognize any artwork that would be displayed so they'd know where we are 'living' for the duration of the cruise. 

We are boring. A simple 8.5x11 printout with our name and list of past cruises.

Lots of those are on doors all over the ship.

Last halloween on the the Dream some of the door decorations from the more extravagant folks got pulled. I would see kids walking around with fake spiders and small skeletons.

54 minutes ago, Cozzette3 said:

The last time we decorated our door  was for Valentine's day and someone stole every last heart. 

But. Our next cruise we are going for a wedding and I thought it would be cool to decorate their door.

we saw several doors decorated on our floor for a whole wedding party. It was cute, they had things like, Bob, Father of the bride, or Julie, Maid of Honor and some little wedding deco and trinkets.  This last cruise, we kept passing a cabin with a 50th anniversary decoration and they had a lot of pictures of the two of them. It was really cute to see all the pictures over the years. I didnt hang my banner with just my husband and I but do the other times. If we are midship, which we usually are, it is so easy to find your cabin when there is deco or a banner. The last cruise we were on, our cabin was in a distinctive spot, out of the way and there were not millions of doors to get mixed up. 

• 1 month later...

Assuming the older ships all have metal cabin doors.  We will be on Glory for Spring Break.  I’ve never been interested in decorating cabin doors, but it’s a multigenerational trip in five cabins.  I thought matching door decor might help the younger kids locate all the family cabins, since they all will not be side-by-side.  (Nearby though)

I found a vendor on Etsy who made our door decoration for us for our upcoming Cruise. I was able to customize all kinds of details here including our hair length, what type of drinks we will be holding, Etc. I have to get this laminated before we go so that it passes the flammable test. I adore it. Not nearly as elaborate as many decorations, but very personalized, easy to pack, and just too cute. Free to message me if you should want the Etsy vendor's information.

20181209_191904.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bbtbear said:

I found a vendor on Etsy who made our door decoration for us for our upcoming Cruise. I was able to customize all kinds of details here including our hair length, what type of drinks we will be holding, Etc. I have to get this laminated before we go so that it passes the flammable test. I adore it. Not nearly as elaborate as many decorations, but very personalized, easy to pack, and just too cute. Free to message me if you should want the Etsy vendor's information.

Has CC's messaging system ever worked?  I'd really love the vendor information.  Your sign is just too adorable! 

Thank you!  

1 hour ago, Gypsywych said:

Has CC's messaging system ever worked?  I'd really love the vendor information.  Your sign is just too adorable! 

Thank you!  

Oh no! I didn't realize that would be a problem. I've never tried to use the messaging system but you're right I wasn't able to message you. I don't think that I'm allowed to post the vendor name here, am I? Want to give me your email address and I'll send you a link? She really is wonderful. I also had her do a banner for my husband's birthday party.

11 hours ago, bbtbear said:

Oh no! I didn't realize that would be a problem. I've never tried to use the messaging system but you're right I wasn't able to message you. I don't think that I'm allowed to post the vendor name here, am I? Want to give me your email address and I'll send you a link? She really is wonderful. I also had her do a banner for my husband's birthday party.

You can tell us the name of the etsy vendor as long as you aren't trying to sell anything and the etsy vendor isn't a travel agent. 

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Ok, great. I didn't want to violate any rules. The vendor is ThePlaidKangaroo on Etsy. Here's a pic of the banner she did for my husband's 50th, too, just to give you a wider idea of what she can do. Great stuff and she's just lovely to work with! 🙂 

iap_640x640.1548744559_gtrwlhn3.jpg