Using Nonrefundable OBC to Buy Experience More Packages?

GPS

16 minutes ago, uktog said:

It depends if the original credit you use was refundable and non refundable credit. That determines the answer whatever type of credit it originally was is how it is refunded.  So if it came from the cruise line it will be non refundable 

As I understand the situation.....you may NOT use any OBC for shore excursions prior to boarding, so it doesn't depend on whether the OBC was refundable or not. So it would have to be purchased using either cash (who the heck uses that anymore) or a credit card. Everything I have seen says that the refund goes back to OBC and not the credit card. So, I guess my question is; "is that portion of the OBC that was due to a refund of a canceled shore excursion now refundable?"

2 minutes ago, uktog said:

That is not correct you can use OBC to book excursions prior to boarding via your Voyage Planner,

If you purchase using cash/credit card it is refundable credit you are given

What is a Voyage Planner? Where do I find a Voyage Planner?

56 minutes ago, gotcha3 said:

What is a Voyage Planner? Where do I find a Voyage Planner?

Hello gotcha3,

you'll find your Voyage Planner by going to our website, then finding the "Booked" tab. 

Under "Booked" you'll be asked to sign-in to your Voyage Planner. Here is the link:

https://www.azamara.com/account/signin

Alternatively you can go into your Azamara account. If you have not registered for one, then do so. If you look at the website on the top towards the right you’ll see ‘Sign In/Create Account’. Register an account or sign in if you’ve already registered. If your cruise doesn’t show up you can add it using your Azamara booking reference. Once your cruise shows up you will see ‘Explore Shore Excursions’ and a button saying ‘Plan My Voyage’. Clicking on that takes you to your Voyage Planner for the cruise. That will show up any OBC you have and you can buy excursions using that OBC. The planner shows the itinerary and all the available excursions for each port plus other information about your cruise.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Can the spa credit be used to purchase items for sale in the spa or is only for treatments

Also, the way I am reading above, the OBC can be used right to book a shore excursion.

i have booked a rather expensive shore excursion using a credit card.  So I would be able to cancel and receive a refund ( Cruise is eight months out ). And then rebook using OBC 

Further any  LCV internet credit is simply lost?

7 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Can the spa credit be used to purchase items for sale in the spa or is only for treatments

Also, the way I am reading above, the OBC can be used right to book a shore excursion.

i have booked a rather expensive shore excursion using a credit card.  So I would be able to cancel and receive a refund ( Cruise is eight months out ). And then rebook using OBC 

Further any  LCV internet credit is simply lost?

If you buy an experience more package with WiFi for two devices, then you wouldn’t need your LCV WiFi credit, so it would be lost - you can’t carry it over to another cruise (tho’ I guess you could still use it for a third device as you would still get codes to use them I think. When we bought the essentials package, which is one device, we also got two lots of LCV minutes).

I looked at the Ts&Cs and it does say Spa treatments, so I guess you may not be able to use it to buy spa products.

Yes you can cancel the shore excursion you bought with a credit card (within the cancellation dates - most are 48 hours, but a few are longer) get a refund and rebook with the OBC. If you do it online ahead of the cruise it might be a good idea to buy first, then cancel to make sure you get it - or do it by phone so they can do it simultaneously.