The Upgrade Fairy is Alive and Well!

jamscckmc

Congratulations! We got upgraded from a DV2 to a PS1 back in January and the best part was the complimentary laundry service. We spent the week after the cruise in Barcelona and Ireland and had all of our clothes laundered before we left the boat so we had clean clothes for the next week.

Pretty Please Viking....we are scheduled for the Caribbean to Amazon in November...what a surprise and early Christmas gift it would make!!!  and I will promise to book another cruise while onboard!!!

Those of you who have been visited by the elusive fairy, did you book through Viking or a TA?  I am wondering if an upgrade is more likely if booked directly through Viking.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, TrachTraveler said:

After being outside in the snow tonight, I think I’d be happy anywhere, but this is my first time to get upgraded so extremely thrilled.  The next two weeks can’t go by fast enough!!

Snoopy is dancing happy on your behalf!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrachTraveler said:

Have no idea how the magic gets invoked...this is my 2nd Viking cruise, although my first Viking Ocean cruise.  Just happy to be the recipient of her benevolence!

You're lucky we are doing our tenth and eleventh Viking cruise respectively for myself and other half on the 14th December and then again on the 23rd December and nothing for us!

I didn’t decide to go on the cruise early enough, and booking for a single seemed to make options even less available, so was just in a guaranty veranda room...sure not complaining! 😀. It will be magic to escape the snow and cold and enjoy the cruise life.

7 hours ago, peasmith said:

How does the fairy work?  Is it based on amount of previous cruises done, travel agents booked through or just the luck of the draw?

My sister returned from a 15 day Beijing to Hong Kong earlier this month and they got up graded from PV1  to a ES3 which was worth many $1000's. They didn't know they got upgraded until they checked in to board in Beijing. The agents told her that their cabin was on the 4th deck and she argued with the agents that no she was on the 6th deck until she saw the boarding papers which showed the Explorer Suite. This was their first VO cruise and now they are spoiled by the Explorer Suite. She used a TA to book. Later in the cruise they found out the ship was only 85% full and a lot of people got moved up a category or two upon boarding.

Edited by terrydtx