Linking reservation

7 hours ago, Funbobby68 said:

Have convinced a couple of couple to join us on an upcoming cruise, is there a way with the new website to link the reservation, for dining ect 

thanks 

ps this new cruise critic format blows 

Not anymore.

Each of you should call whoever booked your cruise and request linking.

15 minutes ago, cindivan said:

And not sure if it’s still this way, but we have tried to link reservations In the past and weren’t allowed because we used different TAs. 

You should be able to get one of the TA's to link the reservation.  We did that a few years ago with no problem, but I had to get my TA to do it as the other TA was...not able to do it.   We have an excellent TA.  

3 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

If your reservations aren’t linked, how do you make a joint MTD reservation for both rooms?  

Just go to the MTD desk when you board and book a time and table for as many people as you want. 

6 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

If your reservations aren’t linked, how do you make a joint MTD reservation for both rooms?  

Whan making reservations, you are given the option to add guests from another reservation.

53 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Whan making reservations, you are given the option to add guests from another reservation.

We booked direct with RCCL.  The other couple booked via a travel agent.  When I go to add them to an excursion via the "add guests from another reservation" it gives me the message "Unfortunately, these reservations may not be combined to create a single reservation. Please proceed to make separate reservations for each party."  I presume that means their TA put them in a group and that I will get the same message when trying to book MTD reservations when those become available, right?

Will linking our reservations help in this case to allow me to book MTD reservations on-line?  Will RCCL be able to book us together if I call?  Do I have any option pre-cruise to book a table for four?

Thanks!

Brad

1 hour ago, ihopfar said:

We booked direct with RCCL.  The other couple booked via a travel agent.  When I go to add them to an excursion via the "add guests from another reservation" it gives me the message "Unfortunately, these reservations may not be combined to create a single reservation. Please proceed to make separate reservations for each party."  I presume that means their TA put them in a group and that I will get the same message when trying to book MTD reservations when those become available, right?

Will linking our reservations help in this case to allow me to book MTD reservations on-line?  Will RCCL be able to book us together if I call?  Do I have any option pre-cruise to book a table for four?

Thanks!

Brad

It could be that the other couple is booked with a group reservation (which they might not be aware of), in which case you will not be able to link them.  You would have to make dining arrangements onboard.