On Breakaway now, course change.

neilkear

30 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

USCG inspection of what? the Escape?

As per NCL's robo-calling, everyone started getting those automated messages since 1 PM yesterday, hopefully it will be smooth in the morning - nothing close to the events today.  We rescheduled our 2 car services pickup time going to the pier in the morning to get there later than usual - those on our Roll Call got notified, fingers crossed.  VM transcript of the messages they left for us - didn't push email or SMS messages out, however ... some folks will probably end up getting there at 8:30 or 9 AM. 

Screenshot_20181026-131407.png

Edited by mking8288

I was on the Gen this morning and was wondering where the BA was. We had our problems with about five different passengers being injured and ambulances being called. Then as we are pulling in to dock, a barge was in out spot and it was a 1.5 hour delay. These two cruises had problems. Hopefully the new passengers on both trips have a better time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OBSESSIVEWORLDTRAVELER said:

I was on the Gen this morning and was wondering where the BA was. We had our problems with about five different passengers being injured and ambulances being called. Then as we are pulling in to dock, a barge was in out spot and it was a 1.5 hour delay. These two cruises had problems. Hopefully the new passengers on both trips have a better time.

what happened with the 5 passengers?

how did they get hurt?

what do you mean the barge was in Gem's spot?

and there's no central traffic control for the harbor??

Edited by fstuff1

9 hours ago, jenn_m said:

My parents are onboard and texted me that they're helping search for a man overboard.

Sandy Hook Pilot station suspended harbor entrance and had all ships including breakaway  search for a man overboard from a commercial ship. We had Coast Guard helicopters also searching and the word is that he was rescued.

We were picking up my parents from that ship tonight and found a passport on the street. Poor man lost it after all he is been trough.. Very common name, William Martinez.. I guess from NY. Is there a chance,  someone from their party is reading this..  I'll turn it in to the authorities tomorrow or Monday,  meanwhile maybe someone does know him here...

I am not trying to be judgemental, but knowing the importance of a passport on an international trip and there being very little time for this man to get it back, why are you waiting until “tomorrow or Monday”? Wouldn’t it simply be easiest to bring it into the pier and give it to a NCL representative?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FrequentFlyKid said:

I am not trying to be judgemental, but knowing the importance of a passport on an international trip and there being very little time for this man to get it back, why are you waiting until “tomorrow or Monday”? Wouldn’t it simply be easiest to bring it into the pier and give it to a NCL representative?

All indications are, the person who lost it, was leaving the ship,  not boarding. Person, who found is 80 y.o., told us later, on the highway,  so.. I understand,  it's not ideal,  but I was hoping someone knows someone.. before I give it to cops or mail it whenever.. Does anyone know if he will be contacted or it just security measures,  so a passport wouldn't land in a wrong hands?.. I'll call NCL, maybe they can help, feel sorry for the guy.

The whole embarkation and disembarkation was an absolute shambles ... announcement was made at 8.30 pm to say garden cafe was open for snacks but nobody wanted to give up their spaces on the stairwells or wherever they could find a spot . We were walk off passengers and didn't get off till 11pm 

We received today a letter in our stateroom notifying us that an additional pro-rated credit for the first day of the cruise had posted to our account. They simply took the total cruise fare paid, divided by 15 and have that back as a credit. This is in addition to the $75. 

I know now many will disagree, but things happen and I think NCL did the best they could given a host of challenges coming back to NY. Crediting back the day that was lost was a necessary step and now that they’ve done that, I think they made it right. 

11 minutes ago, FrequentFlyKid said:

We received today a letter in our stateroom notifying us that an additional pro-rated credit for the first day of the cruise had posted to our account. They simply took the total cruise fare paid, divided by 15 and have that back as a credit. This is in addition to the $75. 

I know now many will disagree, but things happen and I think NCL did the best they could given a host of challenges coming back to NY. Crediting back the day that was lost was a necessary step and now that they’ve done that, I think they made it right. 

I’m sorry for everyone involved. That sounds awesome!! So basically you got one day credited PLUS $75/person? This was not NCL’s fault so I think it’s VERY GENEROUS! Just curious if you can collect all this AND something from your travel insurance for trip delay??