Take beer off ship in port?

CruzerDeb

16 hours ago, coevan said:

it's not a contest, the world won't end if you drink $49 worth instead of $55.

Exactly.  My husband and I decided that not having to worry about it would be worth it even if we didn't drink that much.  I wouldn't be trying to drink 15 alcoholic drinks in a day, just trying to hit that $56 that I spent on it and I'm pretty sure that part would be easy considering the unlimited other beverages available.

23 minutes ago, Crazy4Camping said:

Exactly.  My husband and I decided that not having to worry about it would be worth it even if we didn't drink that much.  I wouldn't be trying to drink 15 alcoholic drinks in a day, just trying to hit that $56 that I spent on it and I'm pretty sure that part would be easy considering the unlimited other beverages available.

Buy it before you board and it's $52. Buy it before you board with 10% off gift cards and the number you'd have to hit is only $47. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Buy it before you board and it's $52. Buy it before you board with 10% off gift cards and the number you'd have to hit is only $47. 

I've been paying for the whole cruise using Carnival gift cards but actually the whole price pp for the Cheers pkg is $59.74 per day.  It's $51.95 plus that 15% gratuity they add on to everything.  So even my $56 wasn't right.  It will cost us $836.40 for our 7-day cruise and we still haven't added it on cause that's quite alot of money.  We prob will for the less-worry factor we've been speaking about in this thread but I'm definitely buying more gift cards to cover it.

8 minutes ago, Crazy4Camping said:

I've been paying for the whole cruise using Carnival gift cards but actually the whole price pp for the Cheers pkg is $59.74 per day.  It's $51.95 plus that 15% gratuity they add on to everything.  So even my $56 wasn't right.  It will cost us $836.40 for our 7-day cruise and we still haven't added it on cause that's quite alot of money.  We prob will for the less-worry factor we've been speaking about in this thread but I'm definitely buying more gift cards to cover it.

The number is higher if you're trying to drink the gratuity. Then it would be just under $54 you'd have to hit with the prepay and the gift cards.

Edited by Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The number is higher if you're trying to drink the gratuity.

You have to pay 15% gratuity on drinks you buy as you go too.  As long as you add the 15% on both sides of the equation, you're comparing apples to apples.

3 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

You have to pay 15% gratuity on drinks you buy as you go too.  As long as you add the 15% on both sides of the equation, you're comparing apples to apples.

Exactly.  I figured close to $10 per drink for the ones I would order so even 5 drinks a day makes it worth it.  Plus we can order top shelf or even try new things and if we don't llike it, dump it and get something else.  I'm getting pretty sure that we're adding on the drink package.

On 10/28/2018 at 12:30 AM, mexicobob said:

I personally really enjoy a local beer.  One of the highlights of the cruise for me.

Same. Sometimes, you can hit up a local gift shop, and get a good deal. We had $1 Caribs in St. Kitts. Much better for me than overpaying or stressing about alcohol.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:16 AM, matymil said:

Same. I always get Karib when I go down there. 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, coevan said:

BTW, it's Carib and we love it.  

Maybe matymil was thinking of Kalik?

I personally don't prefer either - they are nice lagers, I suppose, but I'm an ale guy.  IPAs, stouts, red ales, etc.

Anyway, I would typically get a mixed drink like a Pina Colada off-ship, if anything.  Typically though I get nothing, I wait until I get back on board to resume my alcohol consumption.  It's the only break my liver gets!