What's going on with the Journey?

laurieb

1 hour ago, Tom47 said:

Bonnie, do you have an update on 10-19-19 Journey cruise?  It is not available for booking.

Tom

I've been told that this cruise has not been "redeployed," and that no changes have been made to it.  Apparently it is sold out.  Why it can't still be listed and noted as "sold out," as other cruise lines do, I don't know.  Would make the status clear to everyone.

34 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

I've been told that this cruise has not been "redeployed," and that no changes have been made to it.  Apparently it is sold out.  Why it can't still be listed and noted as "sold out," as other cruise lines do, I don't know.  Would make the status clear to everyone.

Thanks

14 hours ago, Tom47 said:

Bonnie, do you have an update on 10-19-19 Journey cruise?  It is not available for booking.

Tom

Hi Tom, our Inventory Control tells me the voyage is available to book, just not every category. So I’m wondering if you’re saying the voyage doesn’t show up for you? Or you can’t book a certain category?

3 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Tom, our Inventory Control tells me the voyage is available to book, just not every category. So I’m wondering if you’re saying the voyage doesn’t show up for you? Or you can’t book a certain category?

Thanks Bonnie.  I just wanted to know it was not being chartered.  We booked this cruise in February.  I don't why it didn't show up in my search of all October 2019 Journey cruises.  DW majored in Greek/Latin in college.  This is a bucket list cruise for her.

Tom

Edited by Tom47

Very disappointed in the major changes to the Dec 19 Panama canal cruise itinerary next year. 

At least 4 ports dropped - including all the interesting Central American ones like El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and a couple of additions including Key West which, living in Miami we couldn't care less about. The Cuba stop being the only positive addition.  

No one has been in touch with us about this.  Will contact our TA to discuss at some point when we have time. It's thanks to this thread that I spotted a member mentioning a change to the Panama Canal cruise that I looked into it and saw the complete overhaul of the itinerary. 

Interestingly, a quick fling round a few independent cruise brokers online, and they are still peddling the original itinerary.  This would really annoy me if I went ahead and booked thinking I was getting one thing, knowing fine well Azamara have already changed it.  

Oh and Azamara, your website still shows the original itinerary map.  Sort it out.  

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Bonnie, I just had a look for this cruise (Journey 19 Oct 2019) on the UK site and it’s not showing up when I do a search for all October 2019 cruises. The 10 October 9 night cruise is there, the next Journey Cruise showing is 27 October.

Hmmm, I would think this was a UK website issue, but Tom47 is in the States. It's odd that some of you can find the 19OCT2019 voyage and others can't. I've passed this along to various departments so they can look into it.

10 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hmmm, I would think this was a UK website issue, but Tom47 is in the States. It's odd that some of you can find the 19OCT2019 voyage and others can't. I've passed this along to various departments so they can look into it.

Thanks Bonnie. Just had a look this morning and it’s now showing on the UK site.

9 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks Bonnie. Just had a look this morning and it’s now showing on the UK site.

9 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

According to our Inventory Department that voyage should be showing up on all websites. 

On 11/6/2018 at 12:42 PM, marinaro44 said:

Emails with offers, changes sent--at last--at 2:26 today to mt TA.  All changes a result of wanting to go to Cuba.

Azamara sent offers to my TA, and told him they were also sending them to me. But I never heard anything from Azamara, so my TA passed along the offer when I checked in with him again. I'm not thrilled with the offer. We had a good price on our cruise, booked onboard over a year ago, and that advantage of early booking has essentially disappeared. We can either accept a shorter Cuba cruise for the same price, or rebook another cruise at current rates. Since prices have gone up considerably in the past year, that's not particularly appealing. In either case, we get some onboard credit, but it doesn't cover the increased pricing (or make up for the shortened cruise).

I don't know what we're going to do now. What I do know is that Azamara has lost a lot of goodwill in this process. We made plans based on their promised itinerary, and that promise turns out to be meaningless. Not because anything with the old itinerary was infeasible, but simply because they've changed their minds, and decided they want to jump on the Cuba market.

Azamara has been our preferred cruise line since our first cruise on the Quest back in 2007, but I'm not sure it will be in the future.

15 hours ago, DougK said:

I'm not thrilled with the offer. We had a good price on our cruise, booked onboard over a year ago, and that advantage of early booking has essentially disappeared. We can either accept a shorter Cuba cruise for the same price, or rebook another cruise at current rates. Since prices have gone up considerably in the past year, that's not particularly appealing. In either case, we get some onboard credit, but it doesn't cover the increased pricing (or make up for the shortened cruise).

I wouldn't be happy with that offer either. It doesn't seem fair.

Booked customers should get a deal to make up for the inconvenience, they shouldn't have to pay extra for the inconvenience.

• Thanks 1