What is the closest/decent hotel to Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal in NJ?

This Summer,we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on Staten Island NY.

The hotel has a shuttle to the port (I think it is complimentery).

My DH insisted on a cab ride to the port instead of taking the shuttle,so I am not certain if the shuttle had a fee.

if you are driving to the port, this hotel offers free parking included in the rate for a single night stay.

There is a comfortable bar area and good restaurant on the premises. 

The staff was very accommodating and the room clean and nicely appointed.

24 minutes ago, baljaffray said:

We stayed in the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth last month for the night before cruise, free shuttle from airport, and Uber cost $19 to port. It's fine for the night, and we walked across the road to the mall for a bite to eat.

Glad you found it to be fine. We stayed there last October and found it so bad (dirty, mold)it was a waste of our points.

Next time we'll opt for Residence Inn or Courtyard.

I second the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth.  My husband and I and our Canadian friends stayed there a few years ago before an Anthem sailing.  Absolutely a 10 out of 10 for that hotel.  I’ve stayed at many Hilton hotels, this was definitely one of the better ES.   Enjoy your trip. 😊

Of all the hotels listed which ones would have a free shuttle from the airport?  We will have a car service from hotel to port and then from port to airport so would like to find a hotel with free airport shuttle and still be in NJ not far from the port.  Thanks for all your help.

1 minute ago, lovescats5 said:

Of all the hotels listed which ones would have a free shuttle from the airport?  We will have a car service from hotel to port and then from port to airport so would like to find a hotel with free airport shuttle and still be in NJ not far from the port.  Thanks for all your help.

I stayed at the Hilton Newark airport, It was fine for 1 night. There are no hotels close to the port.

51 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Hilton has free shuttle from airport to hotel, but there is really nothing to do or walk to in the immediate area.  Country Inn & Suites has free shuttle from airport to hotel and provide service to the port for a fee.  There are also places to walk to.   Best to find a hotel in the area and call and ask what they provide.  

57 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

The hotels in Elizabeth have free airport shuttles: Residence Inn, Country Inn & Suites, Courtyard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

All the hotels that have been mentioned have free airport shuttles except for the Hyatt House in Jersey City.  Having said that, you need to also know that all the hotel shuttles pick up at the P4 Airtrain station, which means you will have to claim your luggage on the lowest terminal level and take your bags via elevator or escalator to the Airtrain on the highest terminal level, ride to the P4 station and get your luggage to the pickup area.  Luggage carts are supposed to be allowed on Airtrain.

If you have no intention of going into Manhattan, I would stay at one of the mentioned hotels on International Blvd in Elizabeth.

Edited by 138east

3 minutes ago, Mjawaverunner said:

Jersey city is good. It’s a short Uber ride to the port. It’s  also a short train ride into manhattan. I’d stay in journal square close to the path train 

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Jersey City, which is right next to the Grove St. Path station.  Very convenient to Manhattan.

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Jersey City, which is right next to the Grove St. Path station.  Very convenient to Manhattan.

Bob and Lee - I definitely want to connect with you on the Jewel TA.  I'm staying at Residence Inn in Feb before my Anthem cruise and would like to hear more details about the hotel.  Depending on the weather I will go from Boston on Amtrak to either NY Penn Station or Newark Penn Station and take PATH to get to Grove St and then take PATH and the light rail to Cape Liberty.  I've done PATH and light rail to CL several times, so I know that piece of it will work well. I'm in cabin 3635.

22 minutes ago, 138east said:

Bob and Lee - I definitely want to connect with you on the Jewel TA.  I'm staying at Residence Inn in Feb before my Anthem cruise and would like to hear more details about the hotel.  Depending on the weather I will go from Boston on Amtrak to either NY Penn Station or Newark Penn Station and take PATH to get to Grove St and then take PATH and the light rail to Cape Liberty.  I've done PATH and light rail to CL several times, so I know that piece of it will work well. I'm in cabin 3635.

Looking forward to meeting you Carol.  Come to the informal M&M, Schooner, 2pm, day 1.:classic_smile:

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

IMO Jersey City hotels are definitely under utilized by ppl cruising from Bayonne. Their closeness to Manhattan and Cape Liberty is unmatched. It’s close to EWR as well. 

We stayed at the Doubletree Jersey City, two block walk to PATH station and took the train into lower Manhattan. Very inexpensive UBER ride to the hotel from airport, and to the port from the hotel. We stayed after the cruise again, and went to NYC again. Will stay there again. 

9 hours ago, Mjawaverunner said:

IMO Jersey City hotels are definitely under utilized by ppl cruising from Bayonne. Their closeness to Manhattan and Cape Liberty is unmatched. It’s close to EWR as well. 

I agree, but it's often a hard sell to folks who don't know the area.  Hotels can be expensive on business travel nights (Sun-Thur),  but there are often good deals on the weekends, particularly when compared to Manhattan prices. IMO there's no comparison between the ambiance of staying at the airport or in the Newport/Exchange Place/Grove St area in Jersey City.

1 minute ago, e050377 said:

This topic has been interesting. We are currently booked at Embassy Suites near the outlet, but am now considering Jersey City. Which hotel would be the most convenient for the train into NYC? 

I don't see how it can get more convenient than the Residence Inn.  The entrance to the Path station is about a 30 second walk from the hotel, no streets to cross.

• Thanks 1