Traveling from uk to LAX best way to get to cruise port

Chez2

Hi, could you please advise the best way to get a shuttle from the airport to the cruise port in San Pedro to go on a princess cruise.  We are not bothered about being having it to ourselves.  Is there like a mini bus service.  If so can you give me an idea of the price & a rough idea how long it would take to fill up   A taxi I believe is about $60-80 dollars.  

We are actually having 3 days in vegas pre cruise, so not sure what time we would get into LAX, but we would be travelling up the day before the cruise.  

Thanking you in advance.  

Hi,

IF you don't have yout tix yet from LAS to LAX why don't you fly into the Long Beach airport which is smaller and closer to the cruise port?? Jet Blue flies there from LAS and so does Southwest Air.

From either place there are many shuttle services(no dedicated bus line) and you can use an app on your phone to call an Uber or Lyft car.

16 hours ago, Chez2 said:

Hi, could you please advise the best way to get a shuttle from the airport to the cruise port in San Pedro to go on a princess cruise.  We are not bothered about being having it to ourselves.  Is there like a mini bus service.  If so can you give me an idea of the price & a rough idea how long it would take to fill up   A taxi I believe is about $60-80 dollars.  

We are actually having 3 days in vegas pre cruise, so not sure what time we would get into LAX, but we would be travelling up the day before the cruise.  

Thanking you in advance.  

A shared shuttle from LAX to San Pedro should be about $17 per person plus a small tip.  You can reserve in advance or just go out to the curb outside baggage claim and look for the signs for SuperShuttle or Prime Time shuttle...can’t miss them...they usually have a person stationed there as well.  They have shuttles leaving for San Pedro quite often...both on cruise days and on non-cruise days.

The suggestions to fly in to LGB instead are fine...It’s a nice little airport...and about 4 miles closer to San Pedro...but very few flights in each day and a little harder to find the same kind of frequent ground transportation.  Very different, of course, from LAX—which is the 5th busiest airport in the world and intimidating to many...but it’s really not that bad if you aren’t making a connection there...and easier flying in than flying out since you’re not worried about check-in and security lines.  LAX is only 20 miles from San Pedro.

i DO highly recommend flying in the day before your cruise in order to eliminate all of the stress.  I recommend, if staying in San Pedro for one night, to stay at the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree...makes for a stress-free evening and a very short, easy trip to the pier in the morning.  Both hotels offer a shuttle to the pier...though the Crowne Plaza to the pier is actually walkable...about 3-4 short blocks...

5 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

A shared shuttle from LAX to San Pedro should be about $17 per person plus a small tip.  You can reserve in advance or just go out to the curb outside baggage claim and look for the signs for SuperShuttle or Prime Time shuttle...can’t miss them...they usually have a person stationed there as well.  They have shuttles leaving for San Pedro quite often...both on cruise days and on non-cruise days.

The suggestions to fly in to LGB instead are fine...It’s a nice little airport...and about 4 miles closer to San Pedro...but very few flights in each day and a little harder to find the same kind of frequent ground transportation.  Very different, of course, from LAX—which is the 5th busiest airport in the world and intimidating to many...but it’s really not that bad if you aren’t making a connection there...and easier flying in than flying out since you’re not worried about check-in and security lines.  LAX is only 20 miles from San Pedro.

i DO highly recommend flying in the day before your cruise in order to eliminate all of the stress.  I recommend, if staying in San Pedro for one night, to stay at the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree...makes for a stress-free evening and a very short, easy trip to the pier in the morning.  Both hotels offer a shuttle to the pier...though the Crowne Plaza to the pier is actually walkable...about 3-4 short blocks...

Thanks for the information!  We will be exactly this in January.