Poor rccl customer service

Pigsaudit

The purpose of my post is 2 points:;  1. to hopefully have RCCL reps see this and see how dissatisfied/disappointed there customer is (it would not be hard to figure out who I am) and 2. Direct vacationers to other cruise lines that "take care of there customers".  For a service industry I was applauded of thier lack of concern and the blame they put on me (THE CUSTOMER ).. apparently  it was my fault their security personnel didn't do anything.  They are lucky that I am a trained *** *** ********* and was able to take my wife and children out of a situations that could have been bad. ..   (and for you sarcastic people, yes its good to be trained in combat, thanks for your tax contributions).

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are sailing Anthem in January 2019 and we were concerned about booking because of the group you mention.  My understanding is that group can not sail on a cruise that begins or ends on a Saturday, so we have booked.  I hope we don't encounter any issues.

5 minutes ago, Pigsaudit said:

And I'd like to let you people know that when I Expressed my concerns post cruise to rccl corporate they told me that "they agree to disagree " with my complaint.    are you kidding me????

Care to share your complaint?  What you posted seems vague. 

It's all in the details when trying to resolve an issue

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I searched on Yeshiva Week both on Cruise Critic and on Google.  I was able to find a time frame of when schools in the NY/NJ area have off and also a travel agency that runs these cruises.  Looks like Allure 1/13/19 and 1/20/19 are cruises that this group will be on.

There is also this thread with lots of information:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2570139-yeshiva-week-2019/

Agree, Research and know when to avoid Holiday/Groups sailing. I know this one has come up on here few times in past years...

Edited by ONECRUISER

8 hours ago, BillHana said:

We were on this January 2018 Anthem cruise and it was truly horrible. The ship's staff was completely overwhelmed with misbehaving kids and rude parents. It started during the muster check when they ignored requests to wait for the captain's dismissal. They demanded seating at MTD and got seated ahead of folks with reservertains. Special menu request delayed dining room service for everyone. It got worse from there. At the Miami port stop extra security staff was brought on board. No compensation of any kind was offered to us victims.

I would truly like to avoid this kind of discomfort in the future but I don't know how. The cruise departed on Friday (not Saturday) and returned 9 days later on Sunday. It had the kids sail free promotion. Last week of January from Cape Liberty NJ. What other clues should we watch for?

Thank you for giving us some idea what happened on that cruise 

If you believed you had poor customer service why did you not post your concerns, on this forum, in February. The more experience CC members would have been able to advise how to process following your poor experience.

10 hours ago, Pigsaudit said:

The purpose of my post is 2 points:;  1. to hopefully have RCCL reps see this and see how dissatisfied/disappointed there customer is (it would not be hard to figure out who I am) and 2. Direct vacationers to other cruise lines that "take care of there customers".  

None of that will happen without some context and detail.

10 hours ago, Pigsaudit said:

The purpose of my post is 2 points:;  1. to hopefully have RCCL reps see this and see how dissatisfied/disappointed there customer is (it would not be hard to figure out who I am) and 2. Direct vacationers to other cruise lines that "take care of there customers".  For a service industry I was applauded of thier lack of concern and the blame they put on me (THE CUSTOMER ).. apparently  it was my fault their security personnel didn't do anything.  They are lucky that I am a trained *** *** ********* and was able to take my wife and children out of a situations that could have been bad. ..   (and for you sarcastic people, yes its good to be trained in combat, thanks for your tax contributions).

Well my guess is this is a complete failure. I say thanks for the heads up about RCI, but now I need to go to book my next RCI cruise.

Interesting thread. To the OP, your first post was short on detail and confusing. Often posts like yours turn out to not be very accurate and that is why people questioned it.  But after some research apparently the Yeshiva week cruise can be an issue.  I got a bit nervous  researching because I'm going on Harmony that exact week, no Sunday to Sunday with sea day on Saturday.  All that lines up with the Yeshiva week cruise.  But it's not necessarily the Anthem.  I found that this year there is a deal for the Allure.  A few of the posts I've seen mention leaving from NY or NJ.  I'm sure that has more families as they don't need to fly to Florida (I'm guessing more schools have that week off in NY and NJ?).   A good search will find a few Yeshiva week cruise deals.  I don't think we are allowed to post links to other travel agent sites so I'll refrain. 

18 hours ago, Pigsaudit said:

I was blamed for the others on board behavior (drug use, assaults and various animal behavior)

I still don't understand this.  How were YOU blamed?

And why wait 9 months after the cruise to post about it here? 

6 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

If you believed you had poor customer service why did you not post your concerns, on this forum, in February. The more experience CC members would have been able to advise how to process following your poor experience. 

I agree this experience should be shared so we can help fellow CC members avoid unpleasant cruises. At the time I was not aware of this overall RCL board but I and others posted lots on the ROLL CALLS page for this cruise. Look near the end for more details.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2326872-january-19-2018-anthem-of-the-seas/

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Shore excursions on the Canada NE cruises just got interesting.

The closest Cannabis NB store in Saint John is only a 6 minute taxi ride from the port.  The NSLC Cannbis in Halifax is a 17 minute walk or 6 minute drive. I bet they will sell lots on port days...

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 1.05.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 1.10.06 PM.png

13 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

The closest Cannabis NB store in Saint John is only a 6 minute taxi ride from the port.  The NSLC Cannbis in Halifax is a 17 minute walk or 6 minute drive. I bet they will sell lots on port days...

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 1.05.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 1.10.06 PM.png

Some enterprising tour company needs to get an old VW bus and set up a shuttle to the stores.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently you should also avoid cruises with large numbers of upper tier members. 

Still ticking about that? Perhaps get the two groups together so they can upset each other. :-))

The cruise in January is advertised as affordable, how do the prices compare to like cruises?

https://www.kosherica.com/caribbean_cruises/caribbean.asp?cruise_id=3391

3 minutes ago, Redrobo said:

Still ticking about that? Perhaps get the two groups together so they can upset each other. :-))

The cruise in January is advertised as affordable, how do the prices compare to like cruises?

https://www.kosherica.com/caribbean_cruises/caribbean.asp?cruise_id=3391

Hard to say. Not sure if this is cabin price or PP.

My January 2018 trip on Oasis was $1,450 total for an OV balcony

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some enterprising tour company needs to get an old VW bus and set up a shuttle to the stores.

+1.  And Royal should start showing Cheech & Chong movies poolside after the Canadian ports 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1