Question about Anthem 4/5/2020.

jptoz

Thinking about booking Anthem sailing  of 4/5/2020. I believe it is the last sailing out of cape liberty before going overseas.  My questions are.

Do they do anything special on this cruise to commemorate it or is it just like any other cruise.

And is there any reason that I should or should not book it.

I have been on Anthem a couple of times already , and the ports don't interest me that much. But any day on vacation  is better than a day at work.

Thanks for any info.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Do you think they would start work on her last cruise out of NJ or wait and start work on the TA? (Assuming that she will be doing a revenue cruise for a TA)

It may depend on the TA, if non revenue they may start the work on the last sailing. Even if they do, I assume it will be low key work that should not be too obvious to a newbie cruiser.

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Do you think they would start work on her last cruise out of NJ or wait and start work on the TA? (Assuming that she will be doing a revenue cruise for a TA)

Depends on the work.  I've seen them stringing wires in the passenger corridors when they were upgrading ti pervasive wireless.

40 minutes ago, pattak619 said:

Any idea what kind of changes there will be on Her?

All we know is that she is not part of the “ Amped” upgrade program.  Since this is her first drydock it would most like be required mechanical servicing and some minor cosmetic touches.  I would not expect any significant changes.

1 hour ago, pattak619 said:

Any idea what kind of changes there will be on Her?

It would be nice to see the 4 dining rooms (Grande, Chic, Silk & American Icon) completely revamped. They were only constructed that way for dynamic dining. I hope they turn them into two large, bi-level dining rooms.

47 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

It would be nice to see the 4 dining rooms (Grande, Chic, Silk & American Icon) completely revamped. They were only constructed that way for dynamic dining. I hope they turn them into two large, bi-level dining rooms.

But if they cut holes in the floor to create stairs and bilevel this would reduce seating.  Would be more open but doesn't seem likely.

53 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

I actually liked the change of scenery each evening.  Instead of one gigantic, noisy room....having smaller and more quaint rooms was kind of romantic.  Everyone is different. 😁

1 hour ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi ☺️

I would love to see this happen on Anthem! 

🤗