Celebrity App Updated with Edge

TexSea

Just updated the iPhone Celebrity app and it now includes the Edge (or at the very least just noticed it today). Lots of interesting information including daily events and updated menus for the new restaurants. Was able to log in and see my January cruise schedule.

35 minutes ago, TexSea said:

Just updated the iPhone Celebrity app and it now includes the Edge (or at the very least just noticed it today). Lots of interesting information including daily events and updated menus for the new restaurants. Was able to log in and see my January cruise schedule.

I emailed the app email address a couple of days ago and said I’m going to be on the Edge  in a month - I want my Virual Concierge. They must have listened! 😉

• Like 1

Thanks, TexSea! I've been checking every few days to see if Edge was added. I am having so much fun looking at all of the music offerings, ship tours, menus, etc.

omarchs, I wasn't as happy with the Eden menu, but I'll go for the experience (and maybe they will change it again!).

Here are a few pages from the app:

It appears that the Magic Carpet Restaurant open for lunch on Day 1:

image.thumb.png.447f3342e18c0133dd9eb79284ede2e3.png

image.thumb.png.10f41cd1480edce2d248e57f43d93e85.png

image.thumb.png.30c42f9dd9345836a86c243bf286355f.png

image.thumb.png.a463932449d61b3aad41e82b76437781.png

image.thumb.png.88b43d4e3023d950983cd6b2ca973400.png

Lunch Menu for Le Grand Bistro!

image.thumb.png.713c05e751c60084c97f7ed8f90ad666.png

image.png.69884fe834b94ad0f1ea0f27993e20e1.png

image.thumb.png.8234be700a91dc54aec79236a8e1bc05.png

A couple of other things from the app:

image.thumb.png.e5f1c5e54200bcfa1caea68a489bee90.png

image.thumb.png.0a458406b213e3930518672daf7f5372.png

image.thumb.png.855e3b7081b0c299c3f64b286f0dfa16.png

image.thumb.png.d7bb670977df199111fe85ab4fff5beb.png

It has an easy to read map of the ship (not cabins, but main venues).

Luminae and Blu menus look the same. Hope they do modify them a bit at some point. It will be nice to have all of the menus and entertainment times for the cruise once you get onboard so we can better make plans.

There will be some interesting music onboard including a tree guitarist in the Rooftop Garden, pianist in the Grand Plaza to a sitar and didgeridoo players in Eden.

A good start for the Edge app - I am even more excited, if that is possible! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by vtcruising

VT - I agree that Luminae and Blu menus looked similar for entree categories, but they are not showing the everyday entrees (chicken, steak, salmon) and green salad appetizers that Blu is showing.  

The jury is still out if an isolated from the main dining area Luminae will be able to provide variety with just its own kitchen. It will be pretty ridiculous if suite passengers need to go elsewhere to get a larger menu at the prices being charged.

Is this app available at the Play Store for Android and if so what is it called exactly?  

It may not (yet) be available outside the US, as I did not find it when searching on Play Store here in Canada unless I am blind..

While figuring  out how to get the app...here are some thoughts:

, I really like  the variety of offerings they list in many locations..we can relax, eat and play .  Only turn iff was the Edenist pop up...looks creepy!

Daily specials at Le Gran Bistro look good!

1 minute ago, ransrider said:

I just loaded it into my Samsung S9 android phone. It's called Celebrity Cruises. The icon is a white X with a teal blue background. My sailings are all there but no details yet. 

Okay I googled and found it...using my phone now but will try to download it to my tablet

Thanks again!

Edited by hcat

That failed big time for me

when  I used my Samsung Android  tablet...it said it was not compatible with my device,..so no download there

I found the teal icon on my Samsung Android phone but to install it they wanted me to pay google or ? with a credit card,,,,I thought this would be free, I do not pay for apps and won't be using the phone onboard., Did you pay for this?

If anyone knows how I can get it in my Samsung tablet for free,  your help is appreciated, Otherwise we'll just check the printed  dailies for the schedules.... no big deal....

Edited by hcat

4 minutes ago, ransrider said:

Google Playstore is where Android users find their apps. 

I went there....saw the icon....

Giving up for now ,..they said not compatible with my device...the Notebook.is it just for phones?

Thanks anyhow  for the posts everyone!

I was able to load on an IPad, so expect it should work on any tablet.  I did look on google play and it looks like it is also free there so I wouldn’t pay. Did look like there were some install problem comments and you needed android version 6.0 and above so not surprisingly glitch free.

I already had the app, but still couldn’t see edge until I manually updated the app. There was no pending update for Edge inclusion from the last app update so even a little glitchy on IOS.

You can see if the Celebrity site has a link to it and maybe it may work better that way.

13 minutes ago, omarchs said:

I was able to load on an IPad, so expect it should work on any tablet.  I did look on google play and it looks like it is also free there so I wouldn’t pay. Did look like there were some install problem comments and you needed android version 6.0 and above so not surprisingly glitch free.

I already had the app, but still couldn’t see edge until I manually updated the app. There was no pending update for Edge inclusion from the last app update so even a little glitchy on IOS.

You can see if the Celebrity site has a link to it and maybe it may work better that way.

Thanks for mentioning the update. I have had the app for months and kept checking to see if Edge was added. Seeing this thread yesterday I went in and had to manually update the app and now it works beautifully. I think I am going to love it and will get it for my DH’s phone too. The map and schedule will be great for him.

The  other thing I like is the details you can pull up that you might not get in the dailies, that describes the events in more detail. 

My xpress  pass is also in there so no worries if I forget that or lose it (as long as I don’t lose my phone). I will probably use this a lot - like the pictures and functionality seems pretty good so far. 😃

Edited by vtcruising

HCAT posted:  ...I found the teal icon on my Samsung Android phone but to install it they wanted me to pay google or ? with a credit card,,,,I thought this would be free, I do not pay for apps and won't be using the phone onboard., Did you pay for this? ...

The screen that asks for a credit card, paypal, etc.. allows you to make purchases from the app without having to enter payment info every time. There is a skip option at the bottom of the screen that lets you bypass this option. I always choose skip when installing apps on my phone. I don't quite trust the cloud to keep my info secure.

Hope that helps you out, Cheers!