Eurodam Trip Report from October Coastal Cruise

cruisingrob21

Hi everyone, below are links to the first and second posts from my trip report on the Eurodam.  There are plenty of photos and a few more posts coming in the next week.  Enjoy.

Post 1: https://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2018/10/eurodam-coastal-trip-review.html

Post 2: https://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2018/10/eurodam-coastal-trip-review-ship-decor.html

Thanks for all the pictures and your comprehensive review.  It's been several years since we've cruised on Eurodam, 2014 to be exact.  Décor, Gallery Bar, and Crow's Nest are the three most obvious changes to me.  I can't wait to read what you thought of the entertainment in the various venues.  Looking forward to reading the rest of your review.

Thanks! You've whet my appetite even more for my upcoming cruise on the Eurodam.

Is there a venue that would make a good gathering spot for a sail-away get-together? Tamarind bar? I thought maybe Sea View bar but expect this will be packed.

Enjoying your reports.  I can't imagine being on a plane with only 14 people.  No matter where we are to or from, our flights are always over booked and they are constantly asking people to change to another flight.  And we do have many very early morning flights.

Great pictures.  Not sure I like some of the chairs in some of the bars.  And I definitely do not like the way the Crow's Nest has been done over.

Last time we were on her was in 2015.  We really love the Tamarind restaurant and enjoyed before dinner and after dinner drinks in what was then called the Silk Den.

Looking forward to your next reports.

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your blog!  I'm sailing for the first time on HAL on the Eurodam in December so it's helping me to get a feel for this ship -- have even booked a Lido cabana for the week!   I've cruised many times on Celebrity so HAL will be a brand new experience. 

7 hours ago, Chinook Wind said:

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your blog!  I'm sailing for the first time on HAL on the Eurodam in December so it's helping me to get a feel for this ship -- have even booked a Lido cabana for the week!   I've cruised many times on Celebrity so HAL will be a brand new experience. 

Hi Chinook, Curious as to when you're sailing Eurodam in December. We're on Eurodam Dec 9th out of San Diego for the Mexican Riviera. :classic_smile:

We love HAL!

Yup! Us too! 🌴🐬😎

Love cruising the Pacific Ocean and the abundance of sea life...dolphins, turtles, flying fish. Been to Mexico too many times to count so the ship is our destination which is the main reason why we booked the cabana. 

Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed blog of the ship. We’re sailing in a month, and even though we’ve been on the Eurodam several times, I still get excited to see the photos.  I noticed a few recent changes, especially in the atrium area as you described. 

I agree with your fondness for the old style cruising photos in the stateroom hallways, and other common areas. My husband and I made a point to walk a different passenger deck every night before dinner, just to look at them. 

Edited by WeLoveCruising

5 hours ago, Chinook Wind said:

Yup! Us too! 🌴🐬😎

Love cruising the Pacific Ocean and the abundance of sea life...dolphins, turtles, flying fish. Been to Mexico too many times to count so the ship is our destination which is the main reason why we booked the cabana. 

Please consider joining our roll call for this sailing, it's pretty lively! :classic_smile:

43 minutes ago, WeLoveCruising said:

Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed blog of the ship. We’re sailing in a month, and even though we’ve been on the Eurodam several times, I still get excited to see the photos.  I noticed a few recent changes, especially in the atrium area as you described. 

I agree with your fondness for the old style cruising photos in the stateroom hallways, and other common areas. My husband and I made a point to walk a different passenger deck every night before dinner, just to look at them. 

Yes, that was an unexpected delight.

A few posts back I had dug around and found the old self led art tour last used in maybe 2014.  You can download it at this link.  I didn't have time to follow it to see if it was still valid but I would imagine most of the fine art is still on the ship.

The link is here: http://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2018/10/pre-trip-preparation-oct-17th-eurodam.html?m=1

1 hour ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Here is the next post.  Sorry it has taken so long...Halloween and such!

http://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2018/11/eurodam-coastal-trip-review-astoria.html?m=1

Enjoy!

Wow!! What a great write up on Astoria. We were there in September on the Grand Princess.  We fell in love! Might have had something to do with all the microbreweries and the wonderful river walk. Cannot wait to go back in July on the Maasdam. Three ships!!!!at once!!!!!! Oy!

Cheers, Denise 

3 hours ago, dchip said:

Wow!! What a great write up on Astoria. We were there in September on the Grand Princess.  We fell in love! Might have had something to do with all the microbreweries and the wonderful river walk. Cannot wait to go back in July on the Maasdam. Three ships!!!!at once!!!!!! Oy!

Cheers, Denise 

Astoria is a great port.  I've got it planned for a stop in Sept and the following may (2020) on the grand princess.  In a way it's very similar to an Alaskan port and really, probably the smallest town on West coast itineraries unless you count Port Angeles or eureka.  I know HAL used to stop in Port Angeles and I think the maasdam is going to Eureka next year.  Are you on that one?

Edited by cruisingrob21

We'll be on E'dam in August of 2019 with the kids and grand kids. One thing I learned from your blog posts was that the Tamarind Bar is potentially a quiet option that I never would have thought of - mostly due to where Tamarind is located on the Eurodam (you have to intentionally be headed there, it's not likely that you're going to just bump into it wandering around). This coming cruise will be our third on E'dam. Thanks for posting!

1 hour ago, cruisingrob21 said:

I know HAL used to stop in Port Angeles and I think the maasdam is going to Eureka next year.  Are you on that one?

We are on the 6-18-19 Maasdam cruise. Ours is not stopping in Eureka or Victoria. Vancouver Island and Port Alberni were added. Love Victoria but we were blessed to be there twice this year, so we are happy with the substitutions. The Maasdam was our first HAL ship. We are extra excited. 

Cheers, Denise 

1 hour ago, grsnovi said:

We'll be on E'dam in August of 2019 with the kids and grand kids. One thing I learned from your blog posts was that the Tamarind Bar is potentially a quiet option that I never would have thought of - mostly due to where Tamarind is located on the Eurodam (you have to intentionally be headed there, it's not likely that you're going to just bump into it wandering around). This coming cruise will be our third on E'dam. Thanks for posting!

It's actually a great place if you were to drop of your kids off at the kids club and then walk up one deck to Tamarind to read/play cards/relax.  Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...