Driving to Fort Lauderdale

I will be driving to Fort Lauderdale for my upcoming cruise on the Independence. I'm anticipating this will be much busier than Port Canaveral. How easy / confusing is it to navigate parking, and getting to the correct terminal? Also, how much walking is involved? Thanks!

Entering Port Everglades is very easy. If you are traveling on Interstate 95 take the exit for Interstate 595 East which brings you directly to the main entrance of Port Everglades. At the security checkpoint they usually will ask to see your passport or other photo identification before they allow you to pass. Once on port property there are large illuminated signage telling you where each ship is located. The parking garages are located across from the terminals.

• Like 1

We just returned and we take our luggage directly to the port and then go and park our car.  I also recommend Park n Go.  We used another company and had a very slow pick up after the cruise.  Off the ship at 8:15 and not picked up until 9:15.  Very frustrating and will not use Park 24/7 again.  I saw Park n Go come and go many times while we waited and marked their name down for next time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm still dissatisfied that T18 doesn't have a garage

One reason (other's are ramps and suite security area) why I think T1 in Port Canaveral is superior.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

One reason (other's are ramps and suite security area) why I think T1 in Port Canaveral is superior.

Miami as well now.

New Carnival terminal in PC is going to have a massive garage. 1,700+ spaces.

Carnival only paying 1/3rd of cost.  So they probably don't have any exclusivity.  I wonder if anyone else has an LNG ship coming out in 2020?

Just got off allure.  While waiting for the hertz shuttle, park n go shuttles were waiting at the pickup.  When one got full it left and there was another one waiting right on the side.  Saw four park n go shuttles leave before I got picked up by hertz.  Have used park n go in the past and would do it again if needed.  

• Like 1