Guy's Burger Joint - Vegan Burger

CCLcruiser91

A few weeks ago, John Heald announced:

The popular Guy’s Burger Joint on Carnival Cruise Line is now offering Vegan Burgers across the fleet. The new choice will be in addition to the regular meat choices on Carnival cruise ships.

https://cruiseradio.net/guys-burgers-now-has-a-new-menu-addition/

I was on the Carnival Inspiration this past weekend and went to Guy's to try the new vegan burger - to my surprise, they didn't have it - they told me I had to go to the Deli to get one! 

(I went to the Deli and they had them - not on the Deli menu either)

I used to order the "veggie" burger in the past with no problems...

I wonder if this is the case on all the Carnival ships?

I emailed them last week about this very thing.

this was the initial reply to the generic "do you have them" question

Please be advised we do not have Veggie Burgers on the menu at Guy's Burger, but it can be provided on request. We also have at Blue Iguana Cantina several vegetable spreads, beans and rice where there as several choices for you.

Should you wish us to advise our onboard staff as to when you plan to attend Guys Burger, please let us know and we will be happy to advise the ship.  Otherwise, please be aware there will be a little wait time for prep work.   

My wife is a veggie and gets a toasted bun with cheese and adds stuff from the extras bar. She loves the mozzarella, arugula, and tomato sandwich at the deli. She also loves the 4 cheese pizza with the garlic crumbles. 

11 hours ago, coevan said:

There are no veggie burgers at the deli. There are veggie options, not burgers. Last 2 B2B with Guys, no veggie burger offered. 

It would appear you haven't cruised on Carnival since vegan burgers were introduced.

9 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Just curious- are the veggie burgers cooked on the same grill as the meat burgers ?

Not sure which cruise line did which, but I have seen veggie burgers cooked 2 different ways. The most common way was in the back, presumably on a separate grill. The other way was in a pan on the grill, so not actually on the grill. I do not specifically remember which one Carnival did (and have not yet been on a ship with Guy's Burgers).

On 10/30/2018 at 8:12 AM, Melissalcsw said:

Aww I was looking forward to trying the veggie burger at Guys...Guess i'll look at the deli instead.

Thanks for the info

I love Guys veggie burgers,  you just have to ask for them,  5-10 minutes later they will give it to you :)  I live on them when I am on carnival.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:43 PM, coevan said:

There are no veggie burgers at the deli. There are veggie options, not burgers. Last 2 B2B with Guys, no veggie burger offered. 

At Guys, you have to ask for it,  it is not on the menu.  I live on them when I am on Carnival. I now only book Carnival because they have Guys :)

19 hours ago, newcruiser1956 said:

At Guys, you have to ask for it,  it is not on the menu.  I live on them when I am on Carnival. I now only book Carnival because they have Guys 🙂

anyone who cruises for a mediocre burger needs to seriously check their priorities.