Bahamas in Feb from Cape Liberty

P.A.

Anyone done this cruise? Thinking of booking it for Feb but was wondering what the weather would be like cruising to the Bahamas from NJ and also the weather in the Bahamas in Feb?

Anyone done this before? Thanks.

Is this for the Anthem?  If so, leaving out of NJ is extremely cold and usually the month for snow storms.  It will be cold for about 2 days coming and going ...BUT....if it is the Anthem, this ship was built for cold weather.  There is one enclosed pool and one open air pool.  There are tons of amazing indoor venues.  Do you live in PA?  The weather is really the same as yours.   Weather in the Bahamas in February can be 75 or as high as 85.  

12 hours ago, champagne123 said:

Is this for the Anthem?  If so, leaving out of NJ is extremely cold and usually the month for snow storms.  It will be cold for about 2 days coming and going ...BUT....if it is the Anthem, this ship was built for cold weather.  There is one enclosed pool and one open air pool.  There are tons of amazing indoor venues.  Do you live in PA?  The weather is really the same as yours.   Weather in the Bahamas in February can be 75 or as high as 85.  

Hello. No I do not live in PA I live in Okla. LOL! I am talking about the Anthem. I actually just got off this ship on Oct 27th, we went to New England/Canada. It was so amazing I wanted to go back on it to a warm climate, however, there isn't too much to choose from unfortunately. I actually booked a Nov cruise to the Bahamas but my daughter won't be able to go the last quarter of the year due to work commitments. Soooo...not sure what I will do!

Thanks for your info! :classic_smile:

14 hours ago, P.A. said:

Hello. No I do not live in PA I live in Okla. LOL! I am talking about the Anthem. I actually just got off this ship on Oct 27th, we went to New England/Canada. It was so amazing I wanted to go back on it to a warm climate, however, there isn't too much to choose from unfortunately. I actually booked a Nov cruise to the Bahamas but my daughter won't be able to go the last quarter of the year due to work commitments. Soooo...not sure what I will do!

Thanks for your info! :classic_smile:

I replied in your post on the Bahamas board.  If you are looking for warm climate I would see if there is a similar ship out of a southern port and do a true Caribbean cruise.  The Bahamas ports are in the North Atlantic and not as warm.

That said, we did really enjoy our February trip and if you really want the Anthem then you should still have a nice time 🙂 

13 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

I replied in your post on the Bahamas board.  If you are looking for warm climate I would see if there is a similar ship out of a southern port and do a true Caribbean cruise.  The Bahamas ports are in the North Atlantic and not as warm.

That said, we did really enjoy our February trip and if you really want the Anthem then you should still have a nice time 🙂 

Thank you! 🙂

One other thing to consider is when a cold front goes off the East Coast, especially off the Carolinas, you can have very rough seas.  Ships can go around but still can be too chilly to be on deck (and decks closed off if it's really rough).  Some don't think of that when booking but I've been out of Charleston in late winter when it was only warm in the Bahamas.