Navigator Transatlantic

vix2000

Heard from a friend who is on that sailing: Navigator has received adequate repairs, has been deemed seaworthy and is enroute to the Canaries. She'll then return to Southampton to pick up her transatlantic passengers, receive some additional repairs and then make the journey across the pond. Enjoy the voyage!

Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you onboard Navigator of the Seas this Monday, 5th November 2018. We have an important itinerary update to share with you below.

Along with our Chief Meteorologist, James Van Fleet, we have been closely monitoring the trajectory, speed and size of multiple storms covering the Northern Atlantic Sea. Unfortunately, this unforeseen circumstance will affect our crossing to the United States, and we will be unable to visit Boston, Massachusetts, New York, New York, and Port Canaveral (Orlando), Florida. Instead, we will avoid the inclement weather and visit Bruges/Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium, Le Havre, France, and Gran Canaria, Canary Islands. We are very sorry for this unexpected change and the impact to your vacation. Please know, we evaluated all options, and determined this was the best decision to ensure your safety and comfort, and avoid unpleasant weather.

Below, please find our updated itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Mon

Southampton, United Kingdom

4:30 PM

Tue

Bruges/Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

Wed

Le Havre, France

8:00 AM

Thu

Le Havre, France

6:00 AM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Gran Canaria, Canary Islands

8:00 AM

3:00 PM

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Cruising

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

7:00 AM

Bruges provides the best of both worlds: a cultural hub and a seafront paradise! Le Havre offers the iconic city of Paris, where you can relish in the fine arts, fashion, superb cuisine, and stunning architecture. And lastly, Gran Canaria, a city that embraces their rocky coastline, and boasts their desert-style dunes overlooking the ocean. Although not the itinerary planned, these new ports will provide you with a wide variety of exciting activities!

To make up for this unforeseen change, we are providing the following:

If you choose to sail with us, you will receive:

The below refundable Onboard Credit on your SeaPass account. If your onboard spend does not reach this amount, the remaining balance will be refunded to your credit card on file. Any taxes and fees associated to missed ports will also be added as an Onboard Credit.
$100 USD onboard credit, per stateroom for Interiors
$150 USD onboard credit, per stateroom for Ocean Views
$200 USD onboard credit, per stateroom for Balconies
$300 USD onboard credit, per stateroom for Suites
And, an additional $25 USD for each third or more guest to spend onboard
A future cruise credit for 25% of the cruise fare value, per person, in hopes you will join us on another cruise in the near future.
A credit to your onboard SeaPass account for any pre-purchased shore excursions for the changed ports. Once onboard, please visit the Shore Excursions Desk on Deck 5, should you have any questions or need any assistance to make new reservations.
While we hope you choose to stay, if you decide not to sail, we'll provide you with:

100% refund of your total cruise fare, plus a refund for all taxes, fees and any pre-purchased items.
Additionally, if you booked air travel with us we'll also refund this cost. Please note, if you purchased air independently, you will need to contact your travel insurance provider for assistance.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact us on 01932 834 145. Once onboard, please visit Guest Services on Deck 5 for assistance.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these unexpected circumstances. We will continue to monitor the weather and once onboard, you can expect daily advisories from our Chief Meteorologist. Please know, your safety and comfort is our top priority and we are confident once onboard, you'll have a wonderful time with us!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

On 10/31/2018 at 2:48 AM, Nado44 said:

Heard from a friend who is on that sailing: Navigator has received adequate repairs, has been deemed seaworthy and is enroute to the Canaries. She'll then return to Southampton to pick up her transatlantic passengers, receive some additional repairs and then make the journey across the pond. Enjoy the voyage!

Maybe not totally adequate since its re-routed itinerary is now  following a much more southerly path, so they are obviously not happy to trust the repairs to the stabiliser through the more stormy northern seas.

41 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Maybe not totally adequate since its re-routed itinerary is now  following a much more southerly path, so they are obviously not happy to trust the repairs to the stabiliser through the more stormy northern seas.

You're absolutely right. I'd personally be happy with this change of itinerary. But imagine there's a contingent who isn't. And another who'd be nervous.

47 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

They are re-routing to avoid very bad weather.  Why would you question that?  It's a GOOD thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

They are re-routing to avoid very bad weather.  Why would you question that?  It's a GOOD thing.

There is always bad weather in the north Atlantic at this time of year, not sure if its affecting any of the many other re-positioning cruises that will be taking place around now.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

The cynic in me agrees with this.

Just checked Accuweather for next week, the only storm of any significance is Oscar and that will hit the UK tonight.

Accuweather actually says the rest of the Atlantic will remain quiet through the middle of next week although I know you shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet. 😂

On the plus side it will be quiet for the crew for a crossing if a lot of people cancel.

Edited by heatherb1958

Hi heather Roy here glad we are doing the south route have a Js on the port side ,Ann is a bit miffed she wanted to go to Tiffany’s in New York .lots of people cancelling on face book but she is bit happier when I said I will take to the one in Singapore when we are  on quantum 

7 hours ago, Nado44 said:

You're absolutely right. I'd personally be happy with this change of itinerary. But imagine there's a contingent who isn't. And another who'd be nervous.

I think it's they don't trust the repairs or the repairs haven't been fully completed.

Anyway, the storms are dying down now. I loved the itinerary of this crossing and did it last year. I think this new itinerary is rubbish!!

1 hour ago, nicben said:

Hi heather Roy here glad we are doing the south route have a Js on the port side ,Ann is a bit miffed she wanted to go to Tiffany’s in New York .lots of people cancelling on face book but she is bit happier when I said I will take to the one in Singapore when we are  on quantum 

Hi Roy, hope you two have a great crossing , shame about the changes for you but I know you will make it up to Ann.xx We are off to Singapore in December doing Sapphire Princess for Xmas and New year .

44 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We are on the Celebrity Silhouette 11/3 crossing.    They just added an extra  day for the crossing and have deleted Nassau as a port.   We still have the other ports, just one day late.   Have not heard of any cruise credit for us.

7 hours ago, kernow said:

We are on the Jewel TA also sailing on Monday but from Rome. While not such a northerly route, we are due to call at Lisbon and the Azores, not heard of any changes so far,

Julie

Just goes to show they are not being honest with us!

9 hours ago, Nado44 said:

8 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Ouch. I can see there being some unhappy people receiving that email.

Those unhappy people would be the same ones complaining if they put them into a storm though too

Well, some people myself for one choose to disembark in Boston or New York... so yes I'm part of that contingent who isn't happy and who is complaining. 

I have done the Transatlantic crossing on both RC and Cunard. Queen Mary 2 managed the crossing even during Hurricane force winds. 

And the previous RC trip managed stormy swells fine. 

To that end I took RC up on their offer to cancel the cruise with 100% refund, and booked myself onto the QM2 departing the day earlier on the 4th. 

Edited by m4rcu5