New Info re: Cigarette Purchases

jaja

Just thought I would pass this along. On all my  previous cruises the gift shop always offered multi carton packs which were a better bargain than single cartons.

I saw none and inquired.  Was told "we  offer them on some itineraries, but not this one:" (Gem sailing 10/20). .  Also cartons were $47.99..which I believe was higher than last year. 

3 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

Be thankful you do not do fully EU based cruises - the DF shop does not even open! (because there is no duty-free allowance).

Did not know this.........interesting and Thanks for that info.

9 hours ago, jaja said:

Just thought I would pass this along ... (Gem sailing 10/20) ... cartons were $47.99..which I believe was higher than last year. 

Greetings from the Escape @ Bermuda on Halloween, I can affirm exact same prices for Marlboro and no posted sales or discounts ... let's see when it reopen once at sea on Friday returning to NY & head for Bahamas. Prices gone up since this May.

10 hours ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

I thought you could only bring in 200 cigs into US on a 7 day cruise.  Would you buy 400-600 cigs and claim them?  Not judging, just don’t understand.

Depending on where your cruise goes, you can bring more than one carton of cigarettes back to the US...  For example, if you go to the US Virgin Islands, you are allowed up to 5 cartons of cigarettes.  

18 hours ago, jaja said:

Just thought I would pass this along. On all my  previous cruises the gift shop always offered multi carton packs which were a better bargain than single cartons.

I saw none and inquired.  Was told "we  offer them on some itineraries, but not this one:" (Gem sailing 10/20). .  Also cartons were $47.99..which I believe was higher than last year. 

Still a hell of a lot cheaper than a carton in NJ

• 2 weeks later...

On the Bliss 9/30 sailing--you could buy 4 cartons of Marlboro for $110...…….had Camel signs up no Camels......others increased in price as you went to other brands.  We ran out and bought a carton of Marlboro light menthols for $27...………..better than $83.00 in PA

• 3 weeks later...