Hop On Hop Off Oslo?

phabric

Some ships dock at alternate pier locations in Oslo. If you’re not docking at the main cruise terminal, I don’t know if the HOHO bus alters its route accordingly.

However, I don’t recommend the HOHO bus in Oslo if you’re planning to get off at the stops. It runs on a 30-minute schedule, which is very limiting. Oslo is a fairly compact city, and public transit is easy to manage and runs far more often (every 5-10 minutes). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 5:11 PM, Capt_BJ said:

I too was not very happy with HoHo in Oslo

have used them many times in many cities and this one ranks low on my list

We hadn't used them any other city to compare to, but this one isn't one I'd totally recommend either. For us, they were right at the dock when we got off the ship. We knew we wanted to see the Viking ships, so we hopped on and headed that way. On the way, it stopped at the Vigeland Park, so we got off there. Then hopped back on to get over to the Viking ship museum. From there, we walked to all 3 that we wanted to see, then took the bus back into the city center. That's where our problems came. Once back in the main area (near the palace) we walked around a bit. We ended getting a little lost trying to find one of their stops on the map they gave out and by then it was raining. We ended up getting soaked while walking around, finally getting to a stop where a bus came. Only to get on the bus at that stop and have them all kick us off at the next one, saying the day was done. They're not very clear on the fact that they don't "end" at the dock, like everyone else on the bus though as well. And it took us further from the dock. I would just recommend finding other local transportation if you just need to get to a certain place. But don't rely on them for actual "to-from" transportation, if that makes sense. I'm sure if you just wanted to see the city, it's fine.

Depending on your plans for the day and the number of museum visits you want to include, the OSLO PASS from Tourist Info might work better for you.

You would need to add up potential entry costs and public transport costs and compare with the cost of the pass.  Depending on age, you might qualify for a discount.

It also includes the cost of the ferry across to the museum area.

Not usually a big fan of one day city passes we found it worked very well for us in Oslo.

If you don't want museum entries, then walking and using public transport would be the way to go.