Request upgrade

Kaibocan

33 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Definitely do a mock booking first and then call. Are you in the US? Are you before or after final payment? Both things could be factors since rules in European countries differ than those here in the US.

Yes Im in the US and we are past final pmt. Also the price for the category we are in has gone up

The current price of the category you're in won't matter. You may be able to upgrade to a higher category cabin and pay the difference, however any current perks that you have may not be combinable since I'm guessing that the rates you're seeing are "exciting deals" prices and usually don't include any perks and aren't combinable. Especially since they've now gone to the bid on upgrade system, I'd guess you won't be able to do it, but it never hurts to ask. If you don't, the answer will definitely be no!

52 minutes ago, Kaibocan said:

Yes Im in the US and we are past final pmt. Also the price for the category we are in has gone up

That happen to us in the March/18 Eclipse after final payment. our category was higher that when we booked it,  but higher categories like concierge was cheaper the upgrade was denied.

In the past it seemed to be hit or miss if you were trying to upgrade and the upgraded cabin is less than the amount you paid.  I believe in general it was denied.    Again in the past as long as the upgrade meant you had to send them $1 or more it seemed to work pretty consistently, and yes you have to do the homework regarding perks.  It's not clear to me yet if the Move Up bidding process has had any affect on this.  I wouldn't think so as you are really upgrading at the current "full price" and in theory Move Up would be discounted (or you should just do the upgrade at the current "full price".

We just upgraded on our 12/22/18 sailing on Equinox.  We had a SV cabin and the price for an aft facing Concierge cabin was quite a bit less.  We called our TA, they contacted Celebrity and they gave us the upgrade!