Help Me Decide Next Cruise

CodyMiles1994

It's time to book again & the wife & I have set budgets, possible times, etc. We have narrowed the field to 4 cruises. Which would you go with out of these?  

4 NIGHT BAHAMAS & PERFECT DAY CRUISE FROM MIAMI, FL

ROYAL CARIBBEAN NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS

COZUMEL, PERFECT DAY AT COCO CAY

AUG 26, 2019-AUG 30, 2019

INTERIOR 9657

TOTAL: $872.46

4 DAY TO BAHAMAS FROM FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

HALF MOON CAY, NASSAU

CARNIVAL SUNRISE

DEC 05, 2019 - DEC 09, 2019

INTERIOR ROOM 6317

TOTAL $806.64

5 DAY TO BAHAMAS FROM JACKSONVILLE, FL

PRINCESS CAYS, NASSAU

CARNIVAL ECSTASY

AUG 31, 2019 - SEP 05, 2019

SAT - THU

INTERIOR ROOM M124

TOTAL:    $938.54

6 DAY TO EASTERN CARIBBEAN FROM FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

CARNIVAL MAGIC

HALF MOON CAY, GRAND TURK, AMBER COVE

AUG 25, 2019 - AUG 31, 2019

SUN - SAT

INTERIOR ROOM 6293

TOTAL:    $1,274.44

22 hours ago, CodyMiles1994 said:

It's time to book again & the wife & I have set budgets, possible times, etc. We have narrowed the field to 4 cruises. Which would you go with out of these?  

4 NIGHT BAHAMAS & PERFECT DAY CRUISE FROM MIAMI, FL

ROYAL CARIBBEAN NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS

COZUMEL, PERFECT DAY AT COCO CAY

AUG 26, 2019-AUG 30, 2019

INTERIOR 9657

TOTAL: $872.46

4 DAY TO BAHAMAS FROM FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

HALF MOON CAY, NASSAU

CARNIVAL SUNRISE

DEC 05, 2019 - DEC 09, 2019

INTERIOR ROOM 6317

TOTAL $806.64

5 DAY TO BAHAMAS FROM JACKSONVILLE, FL

PRINCESS CAYS, NASSAU

CARNIVAL ECSTASY

AUG 31, 2019 - SEP 05, 2019

SAT - THU

INTERIOR ROOM M124

TOTAL:    $938.54

6 DAY TO EASTERN CARIBBEAN FROM FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

CARNIVAL MAGIC

HALF MOON CAY, GRAND TURK, AMBER COVE

AUG 25, 2019 - AUG 31, 2019

SUN - SAT

INTERIOR ROOM 6293

TOTAL:    $1,274.44

The 5 day has the better price per day.  My guideline is $100 or less per day per person.  But I wouldn't cruise in August in the Caribbean.  December would be the choice if that's the time you got.  

After the kids go back to school look at September sailings. Many times they are a lot less. I would take the Carnival Magic 6 day. (not to be confused with Disney Magic)

I have not seen the ship myself, but I hear from passengers and booking agents it is quite popular.

After adding in the travel expense & excursions we would want... the 5 day on Ecstasy will be about $1500 less than the 6 day on Magic. 

We are looking at an 8+ day cruise in May 2020 for a 5 year anniversary, so it looks like the best to do is the 5 day. Thanks for all the input.

15 hours ago, CodyMiles1994 said:

After adding in the travel expense & excursions we would want... the 5 day on Ecstasy will be about $1500 less than the 6 day on Magic. 

We are looking at an 8+ day cruise in May 2020 for a 5 year anniversary, so it looks like the best to do is the 5 day. Thanks for all the input.

I personally liked the Ecstasy, she's an older gal, but was still a fun ship and had a great crew when we were on her last year. For a simple 5 day getaway cruise to the Bahamas, she will do just fine IMHO and I'm sure JAXPort is probably better now with the staggered check-in than it was when we last cruised from there back in the day. So, save some money, have a great time, and then start saving up for that 8+ day cruise!

Agree that more days are better but I would like to checkout the Sunrise, having enjoyed her as the old banged up Triumph and very interested in seeing the new product and it’s a nice cheap price for a completely refurbished ship for a short cruise.

I see now where you’re leaning towards Ecstasy from Jacksonville. We like that city-a lot easier to navigate than Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. The old Fantasy class ships are still very solid performers and you can’t beat the value/price structure. Enjoy!!

Edited by KmomChicago

18 hours ago, CodyMiles1994 said:

I can’t disagree with making a choice from a financial standpoint.  But personally I would never choose a Fantasy class ship over a Dream class ship.