Earliest disembarkation in Whittier?

sunsetme

28 minutes ago, Bill B said:

I seem to remember the ship getting in around 0030. You can probable disembark as early as 0100.

You can - but you can't leave the tunnel (Whittier) until 6 am.

They start disembarking cruise tour people at 6 am.

Edited by Coral

Was going to start a similar thread so please excuse me for adding my questions here. We also disembark st Whittier next summer and currently have a car rental reservation with Avis in Whittier for 8am. I understand the Avis offices opens at 8am. I also understand the tunnel opens for northbound traffic on the hour for 15min.  So is it reasonable that we would be able to disembark before 8am, walk to Avis (8 Harbour St) and once loaded be in line for the tunnel for 9am to 9:15 access? Thank you in advance for insights and prior experience.

25 minutes ago, Bubbs33 said:

Was going to start a similar thread so please excuse me for adding my questions here. We also disembark st Whittier next summer and currently have a car rental reservation with Avis in Whittier for 8am. I understand the Avis offices opens at 8am. I also understand the tunnel opens for northbound traffic on the hour for 15min.  So is it reasonable that we would be able to disembark before 8am, walk to Avis (8 Harbour St) and once loaded be in line for the tunnel for 9am to 9:15 access? Thank you in advance for insights and prior experience.

You might want to ask this on the Ports of Call board for Alaska.  Lots of great experience and locals there.  EM

1 hour ago, Bubbs33 said:

Yes - most likely. You may save some money by taking a shuttle into Anchorage and then renting a car there. Sometimes one way with Whittier can be very $$$$.

13 hours ago, Coral said:

Yes - most likely. You may save some money by taking a shuttle into Anchorage and then renting a car there. Sometimes one way with Whittier can be very $$$$.

Thanks Carol,

Actually we have elected to rent the car to do a one day DIY tour enroute to the airport. We are 4 adults and the rental iappears to be a good rate vs 4 full day tours that are at someone else's schedule.

1 hour ago, Bubbs33 said:

Thanks Carol,

Actually we have elected to rent the car to do a one day DIY tour enroute to the airport. We are 4 adults and the rental iappears to be a good rate vs 4 full day tours that are at someone else's schedule.

Got it - thought you would have it for the entire week.

On 11/10/2018 at 10:42 AM, Bubbs33 said:

Yes, Whittier is tiny. The walk to Avis would be about 5 min. Check in could be fast or slow. The drive to the tunnel would be 5 min.