Switching cabins on a B2B- Advice Needed please

sheltielover1973

Hi all,

We'll be in Aqua on Dec 9 Edge and then moving to an Aft Sky Suite on Dec 16th.

I've never done a B2B and on top, switching cabins.

Will the room attendant/butler for Sky Suite bring our things over?

Do we have to be "completely" packed? For instance, can we leave our clothes hanging?

Thanks so much for any advice! Counting down the days!

Aimee and Kelly (best friends from Minnesota) on our 6th Celebrity Cruise!

We have done this once on Celebrity and once on NCL.

Your room steward will assist you with your move.   Both times we packed everything in our luggage rather than leave clothes on hangars.  The reason we did that was that on both cruises, we booked a ship's excursion on the turnaround day.   We would not be there when the move was performed.   I suspect that you could still have it done leaving your clothes on hangars, except the hangars don't come completely off the hanger pole.

People will say it's not a problem, and in the general scheme of things, it isn't a problem.  But it does involve packing everything except the hanging items.  To me, that' s a pain, but an unavoidable one.  On December 9 we'll move two cabins down the passageway only because some selfish person did not have the decency to cancel his cruise so we could remain in our first cruise's cabin.  OTH we're not disembarking on December ninth, we'll be taking an even longer cruise, so moving  is a small price to pay.

Edited by BosoxI

We changed cabins earlier this year without a problem.  I let both cabin attendants know what we were doing and they took care of everything.  We left all hanging clothes in the closet and packed up everything else.  They also moved some bottles of wine which we couldn't pack.  Once we were back onboard, we were able to open the doors in the hallway and go to our new cabin which was all ready for us.  We prefer to stay in the same cabin if possible but this worked out well.

• Like 2

We’ve changed cabins on B2B and have never been present for the move.  We pack everything except the hanging clothes, go off on an excursion and return from checking in later in the day to find everything magically moved. The room stewards and butlers are very experienced in that sort of thing.

Edited by rwb

I brought some reusable bags that I use at the grocery and put my bath things in one, husbands things in another. I packed drawer things in another. I didn’t put much in my suitcases.  They were moved mostly empty. It was so easy to place everything in my new cabin

We did a B2B in July on Constellation, moving from a Concierge to Aqua Class room. I did speak to our first attendant but I also left large notes on top of suitcases of new stateroom numbers. I did hang a lot of our clothes - would have worked well but in the first stateroom they had those hook hangers and the next one proper hangers! So when we returned from a few hours in Venice our clothes were lying on the bed. I quickly put them on the new hangers though. 

Wendy 

We did a B2B a few years ago and had to move about 10 cabins down the hall.

The stewards were brill, we had very very little to put into cases, the stewards just 

transferred the drawers. Brilliant idea from our room Steward, everything was in our new cabin before 10, we moved the safe items and went and had the new sea passes done.

It was a much much smoother transition than I thought it would be, and the best $20 

i have ever spent.