Bar drink price increase and Classic Beverage Package

schiff1997

Sidari,

Exactly with the price of the new packages on top of the cabin price its coming very near to the all inclusive price of the other lines.

At the present time I can Justify the extra spend on the drinks packages even at the new prices because I always tend to go for the balcony for an inside offer checking first before they come out that its still a good offer.

What is also quite stupid if you ask me is that if you bookeed an american cruise on the uk site and took the old all inclusive drinks package no price point was mentioned all you couldn't have were the premium cocktails and premium spirits, but if an american booked on the us site they had a dollar limit.  it was so much easier with the packages before and the asterisks on the menus.

3 minutes ago, ikea logistics said:

it was so much easier with the packages before and the asterisks on the menus.

This!

I am intrigued how the new menu's look on non US sailings and how you now distinguish what is included when you are entitled to the old packages.  I'll have to wait until Thursday to find out I guess!

40 minutes ago, quickrate said:

... and spending that $360 on the drinks I want!!

Pat, this is where my head is too.  I booked a US cruise (my first ever cruise) on the US site and did pre-pay for the deluxe plan.  I sent an email to MSC USA and was told (contradictory to others) that Premium is the new name for Deluxe so I will have the Premium plan.  I don't even drink alcohol LOL.  If I won't get the minibar and room service included I'll go to the Easy or NA plan, save $150 and just buy what I want out of the minibar and probably not cruise again.  At least with this line.

Edited by FGJones

Ikea ... I have printed out the drink package list from 7th October which I will be taking on our Xmas cruise so I know what is in the Deluxe package, I agree with things being standardised but no to the detriment of others. We have been booking Aurea cabins and if we decide to continue to cruise in future with MSC that may well change unless they add the Premium to the Aurea experience. Seaside April 2019,  Balcony cabin  £650 plus Aurea £550 ! this year it was £300 for Aurea!  YC still ridiculous at over £2,000 pp for 7 nights.

CF ... Someone has posted new menus from Magnifica on the UK facebook page this morning.

FG ... It appears that no one actually knows that is going on.

The new DOU FAQ is back on the US website.  No upgrade prices are given.  On bad line addition:

IfI booked with the Aurea Experience, what will I receive?
You will receive the Easy Drink Package. Please visit www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx to learn more about the Easy Drink Package

ETA: At least it doesn't offer an upgrade to Easy as they are basically the same.  That is good for those who upgraded from DOU to Classic as it shows Easy is the same value as Classic.  Hopefully Classic will be keep it's choices and be similar to Premium.
Edited by Até

5 minutes ago, Até said:

The new DOU FAQ is back on the US website.  No upgrade prices are given.  On bad line addition:

IfI booked with the Aurea Experience, what will I receive?
You will receive the Easy Drink Package. Please visit www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx to learn more about the Easy Drink Package

And they still have the old comparison guide link up which is so dense.  :classic_wacko:

1 minute ago, Até said:

I figure that is next.  Very slow progress here.

Agreed.  And on their agent site it says FAQ's coming soon. :classic_rolleyes:  In regards to already purchased packages it just says "

• Old packages already booked will be granted on board at sales conditions

I am not 100% sure what that means.  Pins and needles here sheesh! 

Edited by cruisecrazy82

In which venues will the Drinks On Us and Unlimited Premium and Premium Plus drink package be honored?

•The Drinks On Us package will be honored at all bars on the ship, complimentary restaurants, and specialty restaurants.

•The Unlimited Premium and Premium Plus drink package will be honored at all bars on the ship, in the main dining room, self-service buffet,specialty restaurants, and in your stateroom’s mini-bar (mini-bar is only included in the Premium Plus package).

Was it listed somewhere that Premium & P+ was not good for specialty?

Edited by Até

3 minutes ago, cruisecrazy82 said:

In regards to already purchased packages it just says

• Old packages already booked will be granted on board at sales conditions

I am not 100% sure what that means.

I have a feeling when the Comparison chart is changed all reference to Classic and Deluxe will be gone.  So yes, the current statements that the "old packages already booked will get that package at sales conditions" is not helpful when they raised drink prices so that those conditions will severely limit most beverage choices for Classic.  I still think they will do the right thing for Classic and grandfather us into higher per drink limits.

1 minute ago, Até said:

I have a feeling when the Comparison chart is changed all reference to Classic and Deluxe will be gone.  So yes, the current statements that the "old packages already booked will get that package at sales conditions" is not helpful when they raised drink prices so that those conditions will severely limit most beverage choices for Classic.  I still think they will do the right thing for Classic and grandfather us into higher per drink limits.

I would really like to know before we cruise in a few weeks.  I hate the not knowing part, especially when I paid for something specific and now I am not 100% sure what that means with the change in drink prices. We upgraded to the Deluxe and the mini bar was a big part of that.  And the one champagne by the glass (decent one lol) is now over the old $13 per drink limit so I am feeling uneasy at best about what is going to happen once onboard.   

I can't edit my post #282,  I meant to say not having an upgrade from DOU to Easy shows that DOU and Easy are basically the same.  That shows they realize Classic was an upgrade in comparison to Easy and thus should be treated as near Premium.

8 minutes ago, Até said:

I can't edit my post #282,  I meant to say not having an upgrade from DOU to Easy shows that DOU and Easy are basically the same.  That shows they realize Classic was an upgrade in comparison to Easy and thus should be treated as near Premium.

I sure hope so bc that would make the Deluxe basically the Premium Plus.  I don't think we should be punished or downgraded in essence just bc they changed their packages so soon before we depart.  Since I paid for the Deluxe if they give me just the premium I end up getting a downgrade.  I really hope they figure this out in the next two weeks! 

Edited by cruisecrazy82

11 minutes ago, cruisecrazy82 said:

I sure hope so bc that would make the Deluxe basically the Premium Plus.  I don't think we should be punished or downgraded in essence just bc they changed their packages so soon before we depart.  Since I paid for the Deluxe if they give me just the premium I end up getting a downgrade.  I really hope they figure this out in the next two weeks! 

Are you sailing from the USA?  Is P+ listed as an option for your booking?

Just now, cruisecrazy82 said:

Yes from US and no P+ listed on the sailing. 

That's my concern, I don't have the P+ option either, it makes me wonder if the rooms will even have Mini Bars if no plan on my ship offers them...  My sailing is on the Armonia in May but please do post about your experience.   I have booked the Deluxe plan also.  I was told in an email that I'm now Premium but I think he was guessing at answers. 

2 minutes ago, Até said:

Premium + is only listed on my Meraviglia sailing from NY.  It is not shown on my Divina Caribbean nor Preziosa N Europe sailings.

Part of me was hopeful that P+ was omitted for those of us with Deluxe already because they didn't want us to book the plan we were being upgraded to  😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FGJones said:

That's my concern, I don't have the P+ option either, it makes me wonder if the rooms will even have Mini Bars if no plan on my ship offers them...  My sailing is on the Armonia in May but please do post about your experience.   I have booked the Deluxe plan also.  I was told in an email that I'm now Premium but I think he was guessing at answers. 

P+ is listed on other sailings on our ship the Seaside just not on my specific sailing in a little over two weeks and I know for a fact they do have minibars in the cabins bc I have been on her before.  The email response I got just said I would get what I paid for, which still doesn't answer the question about the fact that drink prices have increased so will I really get what I paid for at the time I paid for it?!  So confusing, not to mention annoying.    And if they say we are Premium now that IS a downgrade bc drink limits went from $13 $12 along with eliminating the minibar and gelato.  

Edited by cruisecrazy82

The Easy package cannot be used in Speciality restaurants.

I received my email reply today from the T.A we use who had asked MSC UK what will happen to his customers with Deluxe package bookings.

This is their reply.

I can confirm to you that guest will get what they already booked. The Deluxe package booked will be honoured as is and they do not need to worry.

This applies to all bookings made. All packages that have already been added to the bookings,will be honoured as is. Only new drinks packages booked/added now, will have the new drinks set up.

King regards

Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd

5 Roundwood Avenue

Stockley Park

Uxbridge

UB 11 1AF

2 minutes ago, sidari said:

The Easy package cannot be used in Speciality restaurants.

I received my email reply today from the T.A we use who had asked MSC UK what will happen to his customers with Deluxe package bookings.

This is their reply.

I can confirm to you that guest will get what they already booked. The Deluxe package booked will be honoured as is and they do not need to worry.

This applies to all bookings made. All packages that have already been added to the bookings,will be honoured as is. Only new drinks packages booked/added now, will have the new drinks set up.

King regards

Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd

5 Roundwood Avenue

Stockley Park

Uxbridge

UB 11 1AF

Still the question of higher priced drinks looms.  I have seen the new menu prices on the seaside and while yes the $12 limit would cover most of them it doesn't cover as much as the Deluxe covered on the old menus.  I don't think many of the reps at MSC know their a** from a hole in the ground sadly.  

The continual dodging of an answer on the price limit question seems like an answer in and of itself.  I'm less worked up than some because I'm not much of a drinker (although I recognize the underhandedness of it) but as long as I can slam mini-bar waters and gelato for a week then I'll be fine.  Although they did announce that gelato on Armonia will be included for everyone when they start the Cuba itinerary so my last hold up is the minibar.  And how they're going to handle our group since they say we must all have the same plan but only two of us already booked Deluxe.