Bar drink price increase and Classic Beverage Package

schiff1997

CC 82 ... Take a copy of the drink packages that are on a couple of the drink threads, it lists all the drinks in the various packages including the Deluxe.

As someone else posted earlier it may be that there are no P+ packages being allowed on sold cruises where Deluxe was the highest package and will remain so for those cruises. Makes sense.

Edited by sidari

5 minutes ago, sidari said:

CC 82 ... Take a copy of the drink packages that are on a couple of the drink threads, it lists all the drinks in the various packages including the Deluxe.

As someone else posted earlier it may be that there are no P+ packages being allowed on sold cruises where Deluxe was the highest package and will remain so for those cruises. Makes sense.

Are you referring to taking a copy the old comparison chart or something different? 

8 minutes ago, FGJones said:

The continual dodging of an answer on the price limit question seems like an answer in and of itself.  I'm less worked up than some because I'm not much of a drinker (although I recognize the underhandedness of it) but as long as I can slam mini-bar waters and gelato for a week then I'll be fine.  Although they did announce that gelato on Armonia will be included for everyone when they start the Cuba itinerary so my last hold up is the minibar.  And how they're going to handle our group since they say we must all have the same plan but only two of us already booked Deluxe. 

I agree, the non answer part is indicative of a bad thing IMO lol

52 minutes ago, cruisecrazy82 said:

I would really like to know before we cruise in a few weeks.  I hate the not knowing part, especially when I paid for something specific and now I am not 100% sure what that means with the change in drink prices. We upgraded to the Deluxe and the mini bar was a big part of that.  And the one champagne by the glass (decent one lol) is now over the old $13 per drink limit so I am feeling uneasy at best about what is going to happen once onboard.   

The mini bar was a big part of why we decided to upgrade to deluxe.  We set sail on Saturday so will post what happened.  Hope its all good!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FGJones said:

Part of me was hopeful that P+ was omitted for those of us with Deluxe already because they didn't want us to book the plan we were being upgraded to  😉

That's not the MSC way.  They were happy to offer people in the YC  to buy Deluxe packages.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sidari said:

The Easy package cannot be used in Speciality restaurants.

I received my email reply today from the T.A we use who had asked MSC UK what will happen to his customers with Deluxe package bookings.

Thanks, I see that on the US site now.

17 minutes ago, sidari said:

I'm booked with Deluxe, YC on Meraviglia and am being offered Premium Plus (and the others in typical MSC fashion).

4 minutes ago, Até said:

I'm booked with Deluxe, YC on Meraviglia and am being offered Premium Plus (and the others in typical MSC fashion).

I asked MSC UK if we would get P+ as we have the Deluxe package, the answer was no.

Just now, sidari said:

I asked MSC UK if we would get P+ as we have the Deluxe package, the answer was no.

I guess that will be a cancel and re-book situation then.  I'd rather have the unlimited drink pricing than gelato.  As I said in the YC drinks thread this is going to cause some real issues in YC.

34 minutes ago, FGJones said:

The continual dodging of an answer on the price limit question seems like an answer in and of itself.  I'm less worked up than some because I'm not much of a drinker (although I recognize the underhandedness of it) but as long as I can slam mini-bar waters and gelato for a week then I'll be fine.  Although they did announce that gelato on Armonia will be included for everyone when they start the Cuba itinerary so my last hold up is the minibar.  And how they're going to handle our group since they say we must all have the same plan but only two of us already booked Deluxe. 

I'm with you on this one, while I'm not much of a drinker I am a gelato and sweets eater.  I think I was practically on a first name basis with the Venchi staff on the Seaside.  Between the cups of gelato and the "gelato bars" I was a happy lady.

4 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

I'm with you on this one, while I'm not much of a drinker I am a gelato and sweets eater.  I think I was practically on a first name basis with the Venchi staff on the Seaside.  Between the cups of gelato and the "gelato bars" I was a happy lady.

I don't think Armonia has a Venchi counter but I heard there are chocolate covered nuts in the mini bar. 

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Ate ... We will get what is listed in the Deluxe package, we are not in the YC but have an Aurea cabin at Xmas.

I have been following these posts about the drinks packages with interest.  I am booked in an Aurea cabin in December to the Caribbean. 

I've just looked at my paperwork and under the Aurea experience it just says 'an all inclusive drinks package' it doesn't specify that it's Deluxe.  I really hope it is and not the Easy package.

I booked back in September well before this confusion started and always had it in my head that it was the Deluxe package but now I'm wondering if I imagined that.

Please can you confirm it definitely is?  On the UK website it now says Aurea has the Easy package. :classic_angry:

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

I have been following these posts about the drinks packages with interest.  I am booked in an Aurea cabin in December to the Caribbean. 

I've just looked at my paperwork and under the Aurea experience it just says 'an all inclusive drinks package' it doesn't specify that it's Deluxe.  I really hope it is and not the Easy package.

I booked back in September well before this confusion started and always had it in my head that it was the Deluxe package but now I'm wondering if I imagined that.

Please can you confirm it definitely is?  On the UK website it now says Aurea has the Easy package. :classic_angry:

Thank you.

Your booked package for Aurea was classic, not deluxe.

2 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Your booked package for Aurea was classic, not deluxe.

Ah right, thank you.  Getting totally confused with the new terms.  Classic was what i usually paid for or got on special offer before and worked fine.

Edited by lovetoholiday
additional text

3 hours ago, cruisecrazy82 said:

I sure hope so bc that would make the Deluxe basically the Premium Plus.  I don't think we should be punished or downgraded in essence just bc they changed their packages so soon before we depart.  Since I paid for the Deluxe if they give me just the premium I end up getting a downgrade.  I really hope they figure this out in the next two weeks! 

I also upgraded to the Deluxe package for the mini bar, room service etc.  But even if they grant us the PP we still are missing a few things from the deluxe the way I see it.  The Deluxe had ice cream, gelato and milk shakes on it.  I do not think the PP does.

This is what I received from my TA he is with a large discount travel

agency he said we will get what was originally posted on the classic package even though the price increase on the frozen drinks went to $9.25. We we have those drinks as originally posted on MSC 

web site

Dear Mr. Osborne,

I spoke to Ken and Jessica at MSC and they both confirmed that the new drink package with be honored for guests who have purchased the Classis package at the previous rate. 

I have also included a guideline and drink comparison link below for your convenience. 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guide%20with%20Drinks%20On%20Us%20-%20Caribbean%20Only.pdf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great information here.

When I booked back in September for our February cruise, I asked my agent if we needed to book the Deluxe Upgrade at the same time.

"If you would like to add the upgrade drink package, you can do that later"..... 

Now I've fully paid for the cruise, that upgrade option has vanished. Misleading advertising, legal recourse?

I was ready to pay there and then, shocking advice from the agent and very poor marketing by MSC.